Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 10:24 AM
    LOWER ab workouts?
    What are some really beneficial LOWER ab workouts that I can do at home?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 08:34 AM

Strictly speaking, there's no such thing as lower abs, there are just abs. Working only lower abs is like trying to stretch one end of an elastic band without the other.

If you are concerned about fat around the lower belly, that's a different matter, and is more about your diet than ab exercises.

Good exercises for abs are things like bicycle crunch (right eblow to left knee and vice versa), reverse crunch (lie on back with feet in air, then raise hips off ground), plank (press-up position on hand or elbows, hold for 30 seconds), the Hundred from Pilates. Or pike on a swiss ball.
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 11:17 AM
    Okay thanks! That was definitely helpful. My diet couldn't be more perfect so I've got that down... I just had a baby 8 weeks ago so that's why I was concerned w/the lower belly but since writing that question my abs have actually got better & more defined again like they used to be, I do the bicycle crunches but wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing & if there were other exercises I could do. I run also, so I'm sure that's helped. Anyway, thanks again.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2010, 12:12 PM

Give yourself a break. You are not a supermodel with a personal trainer, cosmetic surgeon and chef. You're a mother with a young baby to look after and not enough hours in the day. Your body will go back to normal, but give it time.

You've been pregnant for nine months. It takes your body a few months to get back to non-pregnant status.
    learntruth Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Dec 10, 2010, 03:42 PM
    Kettlebell swings develop the abdominals fantastically. Powerwheels do so also, but kettlebells are easier, and in the cases I have personally observed, produce better results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can cause my lower hip area, lower back, and lower right side to hurt [ 1 Answers ]

The pain is in my right hip area. It also goes to my right side of my back and right side of my stomach.

Ab workouts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very strong abdomen and probably would have a cut outline if I didn't have any fat. I try to eat healthy but that's not always practical when I'm on a low income. I go to a gym and work out three times a week. I include weight lifting and cardio. They have one sit up ab machine that I use...

Scheduling workouts. [ 3 Answers ]

Got to a problem... I've been running regularly for the past 2 years. Recently I started getting a bit bored with the routine and decided to add a fitness class - the class consists of 20 minutes cardio, 20 minutes strength training, and 20 minutes stretching/core excercises. Here's the...

Ab Workouts [ 1 Answers ]

I've been working out for a majority of my life and have just recently noticed my abs are starting to look a little different. My top 4 abs seem to be protruding slightly more than the others and I was just curious as to whether or not that means I've been working my top more than my bottom. If you...

View more questions Search