Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious82 Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Why do I do it?
    I have been in this relationship for 7 months now. The guy is a complete jerk but yet I continue to go back to him. Let me give you a list of reasons for you to decide if I am just over sensitive or he really is a jerk.

1. He is 35 and has a 21 year old best friend. They worked together at his previous job, A strip club. She was a stripper and him a bouncer. He recently let her move in without even speaking to me about it first.

2. I have a job and they both don't. So yes, it irritates me a little bit that they get to spend day in and day out together.

3. When I am at his house she won't even get off the couch to let us sit together. Either I have to sit on the couch in between them or I sit on the recliner.

4. When the three of us leave to go somewhere she yells shotgun and sits in the front. And he lets her do this! Am I wrong, but I think Girlfriend trumps shotgun all day long.

5. When his liver failed I stayed in a recliner next to his bed for two weeks. Well today I am sick and he can't even offer to bring me something or ask if I need anything.

6. He is always trying to tell me how to act, and how selfish I am and how disrespectfull I am. When in fact I help him w money more than he helps me. I am always the one that drives to see him, goes to his work to see him, brings him food, and spends hours scratching his back.

So why do I continue on with this relationship? What is wrong with me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 02:34 PM

Here, take my hand. Let me lead you out of this horrible one-sided relationship. Sit down. I'll bring you some iced tea and cookies. Do you want the remote, or do you want to talk about your future as a wild and free and exciting young woman who attracts men who are good to her and love her for all her good qualities?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 02:48 PM

So tell her she has to go, if he object he can go with her.
    Decide who is paying the bills and go for it
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Oct 10, 2010, 03:22 PM

Wow. What can I say.

You really have a very low self-esteem. You have a job, both of those bums don't, and you're envious they've got to spend so much time together - this is all so twisted.

By the information you provided here, you do realize they sleep together, right? Or else why she'd hold so much importance and would be taking up best sears (e.g. coach and front seat in the car) that are rightfully belong to a REAL girlfriend?

So to answer your question, yes, the guy is a total jerk. Kick his loser *** and his jobless stripper lay to the curb. You can do better. In fact, anyone can.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Oct 10, 2010, 07:09 PM

Jerk would be a major complilment for this guy.

Don't waste another minute on him. You really do deserve better and it's time you worked on convincing yourself of that.
    justcurious82 Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2010, 06:39 PM

I haven't spoken to him in two days, so I am trying. GO ME!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 10:07 PM

Chalk this up as a life lesson and drop him (and her) like a hot potato... yesterday.

Think what you would advise someone else if they were asking your advise on this? Yep...

Stringer
    MichelleLee111 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 11:19 AM
    If you loved yourself and felt good about yourself you would not put up with this. It is obvious that they are both using you and you are letting them. The people around you and how they treat you are a perfect mirror of how you treat yourself and how you believe you deserve to be treated. I invite you to "Fall in love...with your Self".

Blessings,
    Michelle Lee
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2010, 06:25 PM

An unemployed stripper?? No such thing. They both are lazy azz leaches and you can do bad without either of them in your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search