Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KrisHamby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 09:11 PM
    My period has lasted all month
    I am 29 and have been like clockwork since the day I turned 9 and a half. I gave birth at the age of 17. From 9 until 17, My period would last between 3 and 5 days. The day I brought my little girl home from the hospital (@17), I received the depo-provera shot every three months for 5 years and did not have a single period during that time. Upon discontinuing the shot, my period immediately returned... same time every month, but only lasting 2 days, never any more. Well I got my period at the normal time last month and have been bleeding for a month. This is totally unusual. I am in a monogamous relationship with my husband of five years, no new meds, no new diet, no undue stress. Has anyone experienced this? Please help! I can't take it anymore. I am in constant "crampy pain" and have no energy. First time ever and I am a little scared.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2010, 04:56 AM

Time to see your gyn to have it checked out. It can be from a number of things, such as a cyst, polyps, or endometriosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 45 and my period this month only lasted a couple of hours. Is this OK? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 45. Healthy and pretty Fit. My periods have been regular but this month it was about 5 days early and only lasted a month. No pain. Is this "normal" and it is a period?

Having a period that has lasted for almost 3 months! [ 3 Answers ]

I am 34 years old and have been experiencing an unusually long menstrual period. It has been almost 3 months now. At times it was heavy, now it is just a small amount of bleeding, and sometimes brown discharge. Occasionally, there are clots as well. Any advice would be appreciated. I cannot really...

Period lasted roughly 1 month very heavy [ 1 Answers ]

This was like almost a year ago but my period lasted for almost a whole month and it was very heavy I had been off birth control for several months and me and my husband were trying to get pregnant. I missed for roughly 2 months (no bleeding whatsoever) and then had a period that lasted for almost...

Was a month late then started but lasted only 3 days and not light or heavy [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Nikki. I had a baby about 5 months ago and think I might be pregnant again. I am never late and since I had my baby have never been late. I was on birth control when I got pregnant the last time. I was about a month late and then I started about and it lasted 3 days and then I...

View more questions Search