Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rema421 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 09:15 AM
    My husband is on h1-b visa nad I'm on h4 dependent visa
    My husband is on h1-b visa nad I'm on h4 dependent visa bank has sent me separately w8ben form what should I do
    wnhough Posts: 200, Reputation: 12

Oct 8, 2010, 12:47 AM
    "im on h4 dependent visa bank has sent me separately w8ben form . . . "---As you can seee, H4 visa holders are not permitted to work in US.The Form W-8BEN is a form filed by non-resident aliens receiving a fellowship, scholarship, or stipend, to claim tax status. It will be your responsibility to inform your employer with whom you have an employment relationship what your tax status is. In general, a Non Resident Alien,I gues you are, is subjected to US Tax withholding of 30% on his/her US Source Income. So, If you, as a non-resident alien, receive income other than wages, then you should file Form W-8BEN with the withholding agent toclaim a reduced rate of, or exception from, withholding under an Income Tax Treaty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband is in the uk on student visa and I shorlty plan to join him on dependent v [ 0 Answers ]

My husband is on student visa from jan 2010 in the uk. I wish to join him in the nov 2010 on student dependent visa. Do I need to give IELTS and if so what is the band I require to qualify

Can F1 visa student filing 1040 EZ, claim F2 visa wife as dependent? [ 1 Answers ]

One of my friends has following profile: 1. In US on F1 since 5+ years and an indian citizen. 2. Needs to file 1040 EZ because of SPT. 3. Got married in Dec 2009 4. Wife came to US on F2 in Jan 2010, does not earn and does not have an ITIN Question: Can he file taxes and claim his wife as...

I want to apply my husband visa as my dependent visa despite he is refused before? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to apply my husband visa second time,however he is refused in appel.could you tell the guidline for getting visa and chances for success?

Can F-1 visa holder without earning be a dependent for H-1b visa holder husband? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that the question is kind of strange, but here is my situation. I am having H1b visa at present (moved from OPT to H1b last September). My wife is a student with F1 student visa (in Illinois Urbana Champaign). But she has completed her residential requirement and since last year has been...

View more questions Search