Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Best friend
    How do I talk to my best friend about y we r not ask close as we use to and how its affecting me and why has are friendship changed?
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Dec 31, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Just ask her. As you sound genuinely concerned it may be better to ask her face to face but if you do not feel up to that then maybe send her an email explaining the changes you have noticed in your friendship. Try to speak to her in a calm manner and not in an accusatory one, remember it may be that she has a few things on her mind too or she could feel that you are the one who has changed. Be ready to talk things through, but just make sure you explain to her how you feel. Good luck, hope it all goes well.
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Dec 31, 2006, 09:54 AM
    Definitely talk to your friend, and when you do I strongly suggest you do it face-to-face. On top of that I also advise that in these sorts of situations you use "I" Language.

In other words, don't say things like "You've been acting differently" or "You haven't been talking to me as much." Instead say things like "I feel like things are different between us" and "I feel like we haven't been talking as much as we used to."

By using the pronoun "I" your friend won't feel like you are accusing him/her. Good Luck!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 01:51 PM
    The only realistic thing to do is to come straight out and ask and say everything you've said here.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2007, 05:42 PM
    I agree with the others here and a face to face no blame conversation to clear the air is needed.
    TiNk2k7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lolove
    how do i talk to my bestfriend about y we r not ask close as we use to and how its affecting me and why has are friendship changed?
    These things happen! Me and my friends all split up over her boyfriend messing our friendship up! We'v got it sorted now thou! Call the shots and tell her how u feel! It'll be OK!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with my best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in love with my best friend, I've had feeling for him for 2 years now, and he found out about one month ago, he told my friends that he loved me but not in that way, he said we had gotten TOO close for him to feel anything for me. So I thought he would feel awkward but he didn't, we are still...

Me and My best friend and the Guy I like [ 21 Answers ]

Hi OK the guy I like likes me too and I liked him for a while now but I just found out that my best friend likes him too but he said he likes me and not her but he doesn't want to hurt her feeling by telling what should we said!

In love with my best friend [ 6 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

I'm In Love With my best friend and Need Advice! [ 2 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

View more questions Search