Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edensmimi Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 4, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Cleaning burnt on food off magnalite cookware
    We own a set of 88 yr old magnalite pots and pans. We purchased them from an estate sale they have burned food on the outside on a couple of them. Any ideas how to get it off, I have read not to use comet or steel wool, please help!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 09:59 AM

Avoid the seriously caustic things that would normally be recommended as well. Being these are an Aluminum/Magnesium alloy they would be easily damaged by such a product.

If you have a pot large enough to hold them I'd try simmering them with a water dishwashing detergent solution... for an hour or two, then let it cool down and try in a day or two to clean it with a non-abrasive scouring pad.

Not a sure cure but has worked in the past for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can some help me to find cookware Mcdonald use to bak egg muffin [ 5 Answers ]

Can some please explain in detail how Mcdonald bak egg muffin and from where I can find the cookware they are using.

I burnt eggs in a non stick pan and burnt the bottom how do I clean it [ 3 Answers ]

I burnt the inside botton of a non stick teflon pan while cooking eggs.what can I do to clean the pan

Cleaning dog food bowls and shedding [ 17 Answers ]

I have a carolina dog (as most know he is a wild breed of dog whom on the genetic tree are at the base like dingos not among the branches like other breeds of dogs. And under classicication in dog shows he is a "created breed" because of the fact he is technically a species not a breed just like...

Type of cookware [ 18 Answers ]

What is the best all around cookware? :confused: I just don't know what kind is the best. Help

Titanium cookware [ 3 Answers ]

When I read about titanium cookware, it says the exterior is titanium. The interior is usually DuPont Autograph 2. What is the advantage of the titanium? I thought that hardening the cooking surface so that it won't be damaged was the main goal. Also the pan itself is usually aluminum (anodized)....

View more questions Search