Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    utterback Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 08:52 AM
    I"m being charged with Felony Card Theft will I get jail time? Am I going to jail
    Can I get some input
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2010, 09:25 AM

Felony card theft? Do you mean felony credit card theft?

Yes, you very well could do jail time. Are there any circumstances which are important?
    utterback Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 09:43 AM

Actually it is Financial Transaction Card Theft 1600.00 dollars worth. It was a family members card and I did't charge that much but that"s what there saying I did. Have to go to court next week. Was wondering if I'll maybe get a certain amount of time to pay restitution or be ready to go to jail the day I go to court
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2010, 11:55 AM

If you can pay if off before court, very possible they may look at it better. But it is hard to say what a judge will do.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 2, 2010, 11:57 AM

If it's a felony, you surely have an attorney, right?

If not, by all means get one. This could ruin your life.

And until then, don't say anything.
    bf7240 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 08:39 AM
    My husband had the same charge last yr and he was given 9 months n jail. We live in Va. But he also has a prior record, so it depends on the judge also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband was charged with theft by bring stolen property into state, theft by taking, theft by receiving stolen property, criminal trespass, aggravated cruelty to animals, removal of id items from animals. His sentence is 6 years jail time and 4 years probation. Will he serve all 6 years jail...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 1 Answers ]

My exhusband has never execised his visitation rights of our twin girls. We have been divorced for 7 1/2 years. He is in jail now. I have not received child support in 2 years. Is this considered abandament? I live in Georgia.

How much jail time for third degree theft [ 5 Answers ]

About 1 year ago, I was house sitting a house and there was a WII that I sold for some fast cash! I declined to tell the owners of the house about this though the Day they came back I had about $500.00 for the missing items for them. This was more then enough for this missing Wii. Instead of...

What's the jail time for nc on felony probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail and was charged with felony probation violation. He only has three months over his head. He turned himself in. This is only his second felony. The first one is from seven years ago. How much time might he get?

How much jail time for a first time felony in new orleans,lousiana [ 1 Answers ]

-my fiancé was out visiting his hometown ,New Orleans,Louisiana,and in up getting arrested.His charge was theft of auto over 500$,with a bond of 15,000.I wanted to know how much jail time would he be facing or is there any chance of probation,being that this is his first time getting into trouble...

View more questions Search