Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princess31 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2010, 01:12 AM
    Boyfriend doesn't want sex but masturbates
    I am in the same boat as you. My boyfriend does not want to have sex with me either. He likes oral and I cannot stand to give oral to any guy. What do I do? I do not expect oral from him and do not ever ask for it. If I ask for it all the time or make inuendoes then he says Im nagging him about it. Do you think he is cheating on me? If so should I stay with him because we have a 5yr old daughter together or get on with my life? Should I ask him if he is cheating on me? He cannot go no more than a week in a half without sex. He has said that before when we were done with sex. He would be like Wow that was a lot, it builds up after a while and you got to get rid of it. Does anyone have advice for me?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 1, 2010, 04:20 AM

princess, I have moved your post to its own thread so that you can get advice based on your own needs.

Before you start accusing him of being unfaithful, take a step back and look at what is going on not only in your relationship but at what is affecting it. Things such as stresses from work, friends, family, raising a child, finances, etc. can affect libidos. How old is he and does he have any medical issues or is he on any medications including alcohol and/or 'recreational' drugs? Do you make time to be a couple?

Have you sat down and discussed the relationship with him and your concerns about not having sex? If not, then you need to talk with him. Find a time when nothing else is going on and the child is asleep or out of the house for a couple of hours. Be honest with each other about your needs and desires, but DO NOT place blame or accuse each other. DO NOT put words in the other person's mouth. If you are sure what is meant by something, ask for clarification. If possible, make compromises that work for both of you.

Oct 1, 2010, 12:06 PM
    Yes there are financial situation going on right now. I have a couple of months until I have to repay my loans back to the bank and he is stressed about that. He works all the freakin time almost 7 days a week with his 1 full time job and a motorcycle training instructor job on weekends in the summer and sometimes in the winter. Plus he works for a friend every once in a while fixing weight equipment. He spends more time with his two girls then he does me. We go to movies sometimes together but woopi-do. He is cheap and won't spend money on nothing unless it beneifts him or his motorcycle. I do not know what to do or think anymore. He tells me he loves me, I don't know, its hard to believe that he loves me a fat blob whose 27 lbs overweight. I have no self-esteem or anything. He never pays any compliments to me ever. I am frustated and fed up. Oct 9th will be exactly a month since we had sex. I am ready to find sex somewhere else if I don't get any from him in the next week.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 1, 2010, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by princess31 View Post
    He tells me he loves me, i dont know, its hard to believe that he loves me a fat blob whose 27 lbs overweight. I have no self-esteem or anything. He never pays any compliments to me ever. I am frustated and fed up. Oct 9th will be exactly a month since we had sex. I am ready to find sex somewhere else if I dont get any from him in the next week.
    First, cheating is not an option. Either you are in the relationship for good and/or hard times, or you aren't.

Have you sat down and talked with him about your concerns?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 1, 2010, 12:53 PM

What Cat1864 said.

Well there's your problem. Your boyfriend is exhausted when you want to have sex with him. With what he is doing, I can't blame him. It sounds like HE is working so much time to save money to pay off YOUR loans. He is working seven days a week and he is worried about money. He is trying to keep the household together.

Another think I tweaked on. You're 27lbs over weight and you think you're fat? You're a blob? Get a fricken hold of yourself woman! You're not fat. You might be over your recommended weight but, unless you're four foot nothing, that isn't going to make you a roly poly woman. You just got a little extra padding and I can guarantee you that your boyfriend doesn't mind. Not in the least.

As for him masturbating. It is what guys do. When they feel horny and need a release. It doesn't reflect negatively on your. Chances are he just needs a quick five minute release. Being a guy, there have been a number of occasions when I masturbated in a relationship.

So what do you need to do?
    1). Talk to your boyfriend. Tell him your concerns. See if there is an alternative time/place you can have sex.
    2). Figure out your financial concerns. Make a budget and stick to it. Make sure you can live and make sure you have fun too. This will take away the financial concerns.
    3). Almost related to number two. Get him to clear out one or two of his days to get him to make you a priority again.
    4). Repeat after me, "I am a beautiful woman." Say that to the mirror until you believe it. As your boyfriend if he thinks your pretty. Ask random people on the street. They'll all have the same answer. Yes.

It sounds like you don't have a lot of money, but marriage counselling sounds like a good thing. You two have been disconnected by life. You need to find a way to reconnect. Hopefully you can.

Oct 1, 2010, 11:12 PM
    Comment on CravenMorhead's post
    As for my student loans, I pay them and all my bills on my own. He pays his bills that has his name on it and I pay all my bills that have my name on them. We have separate checking accounts and we have our own separate money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend masturbates instead of having sex with me [ 11 Answers ]

My question is actually two-fold and has been asked in other threads, but I don't feel that my situation has really been covered. My boyfriend and I have been together for about 8 months and have been sexually intimate from the beginning. However, he has never been able to achieve an orgasm while...

Boyfriend can't get an erection during sex but masturbates all the time! [ 12 Answers ]

My Boyfriend on 3 years who just turned 31 and I'm 23 Can't keep an erection during sex.For the past 6 months I have caught him masturbating all the time.He even masturbates in bed while I'm next to him sleeping.We haen't had sex in over a month because he can't get or keep an erection.Also when he...

My boyfriend masturbates but does not want to have sex with me [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I really need help and some answers! I have been dating my boyfriend for just over a year We had sex for the first three months He always had difficulty ejaculating, but then there were times that it was Ok Within 3 months into the relationship we figured he was a minor depressive ...

Newlyweds - sex once a week but he masturbates daily [ 13 Answers ]

I'll start from the top. We've been together for 3 and half years, I lived with him for a year then moved back in with my parents as he lived in a shared house and I couldn't put up with his house mates, we had zero privacy and I was sick of cleaning up after everyone. We used to see each other...

My boyfriend and I rarely have sex,he told me once I fall asleep he masturbates [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship on and off for 4 1/2 years. We've been through a lot together and have a history and that's why sometimes our relationship can be really hard. I love him more then anything and that's why ever moving on or letting go is out of the option. We've been...

View more questions Search