Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enabluebaugh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 11:36 PM
    Can I sue the police department for defamation of character?
    The police department put an ad in the local paper stating that I was wanted for murder and needed help finding me. They don't have a warrant and I never committed any murder. Yet my life is in ruin
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by enabluebaugh View Post
    The police department put an ad in the local paper stating that i was wanted for murder and needed help finding me.
    Hello e:

Yes, you can. It's going to be EXPENSIVE and hard to do, but it CAN be done.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sue police for slander and defamation? [ 1 Answers ]

6yrs ago I worked as a shuttle bus driver at a Gov site I was stop for going pass a checkpoint I the police ask for driving license they ran a make The police found that I had a misdemeanor charge in 1985 petty theft which was dismiss w/unsupervise probation ( stay out of trouble) case dismiss. I...

Can I sue for slander/defamation of character & harassment? [ 22 Answers ]

I have been dealing with someone harassing my family & I for more than three years. She follows me often. Has mailed letters to myself & my husband as well as taping letters on the door of his place of employment. She is constantly confronting my teenage daughters, other family members and friends...

Can I sue a police department for harassment, slander, and defamation of character? [ 6 Answers ]

I own a local tattoo shop. We've been experiencing a tremendous decrease in business due to allegations and rumors that drugs are sold out of our studio. All allegations are false, and we have written and signed statements from a number of customers and other people of what officers in our...

Can I sue for Defamation of Character and Libel [ 7 Answers ]

I am involved in a case that the newspaper reported falsehoods and lies that are not even part of the case and they can not prove. Here is the aritcle... and they have lost any and all evidance in the case. Bear Paw man arrested on counterfeit charges Items reportedly linked to China |...

View more questions Search