Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shashsee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Help with fan wiring
    I have a hampton Bay Ceiling Fan, they switch for the fan has broken. I am trying to replace the fan switch, and not sure what color wires go into the spaces on the new switch. I have a black wire, purple wire, orange wire and a yellow wire. The spaces on the new switch are labeled L. 1,2,3. Can you tell me what wire goes into each slip?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Black goes into L, you will have to try different combinations of the others until you figure it out.

Ceiling fan pull chain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

For that matter, tell me where the other wires come from, the two that go to the black box are 2 and 3.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2006, 02:29 PM
    I got this from another site I post to, try it:

Orange - L
    Black - 1
    Yellow - 2
    Purple - 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a ceiling fan [ 8 Answers ]

Changing a existing fan with 2 switches one for light and one for fan. Ceiling wires are black, red ,white ,ground. New fan has black,white,ground.not sure how to wire it up.:confused:

Old wiring for ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. We are wanting to install a newer ceiling fan in our 60 year old house. We currently have an old ceiling fan, took it down, and there are more wires than on our newer fan. Not sure how to hook this up. The wires coming out of the ceiling are as follows: 1 green (ground I think) 2 red 1 white...

Ceiling Fan wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Need some help installing this ceiling fan/light. House wires are 3 black wires capped together, 3 white wires capped together, and 1 red wire with some white paint, as if it was a red/white wire. Ceiling fan has a Green wire on the mounting bracket and has a green wire on the extender. Black...

Ceiling Fan Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

My instructions that came with my Hampton Bay fan do not tell what to do with the red wire.

View more questions Search