Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppycorn Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 07:11 PM
    Federal financial aid for college
    My daughter is a senior in high school and wants to attend college next year, preferably out of state. We have our own business and this past 2 years it has been horrible. We had to use our savings to pay bills. We are in deep financial trouble and would not be able to get a loan. Does anyone know how much federal financial aid usually covers? Is it possible to get 100% aid for families with no money? She wants to go out of state badly but I told her I doubt if she could as tuition is so expensive. However, I won't know for sure until we apply for financial aid at the start of the year.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2010, 07:37 PM

No, you will not get 100 percent of the cost of an out of state school with just grants.

Often one should consider a year or two at a local college, even community college and then transfer to another college at that point

Federal Pell Grant Program

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should you earn for your kidto be qualified for financial aid in the college [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter had financial aid for her college because my family income was less than $81,000 per year in 2005. I have another daughter going to college in 2010/2011 academic year. What is the new maximun limit of money per year above which your kid will not be eligible for financial aid in the...

What felony convictions prevents you from getting federal aid for college? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a burglary conviction will it prevent me from getting federal aid for college?

Financial aid for adults going back to college [ 1 Answers ]

I am an unemployed carpenter/ general contractor contemplating furthering my education. I reside in Florida. Have a year and a half of community college. In my job search , the positions I am interested in require at a minimum, a bachelor degrees in construction management or engineering . Is there...

View more questions Search