Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cm2280 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 01:57 PM
    Do men really get scared and leave a good relationship
    I have been seeing a man on and off for over two years. We have tried to end our relationship numerous times and have been unsuccessful. The reason was always he was scared and needed to move on. I have recognize I need to move on, but sometimes you can't help who you love. To fill you in on his personality; 6 yrs to finish college (attending full time) rather hang out with "the boys" crappy apartment, no real career. But he is not a serial womanizer. We had recently gone on vacation together and it was great. We were affectionate, no fighting and had tons of fun. At the end of the vacation (last night! ) he loved me but didn't feel attracted to me. What happened? Did he get scared again? Can a guy be that scared he would push away a relationship with someone that he loved? Was he that comfortable that is scared him. Or am I just having a hard time accepting he doesn't feel the same for me?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 28, 2010, 02:26 PM

Or am I just having a hard time accepting he doesn't feel the same for me?

This may be your answer. On and off for two years, that is too much uncertainty. You either want a person or you don't. It may be time to end this yourself.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2010, 02:33 PM

He doesn't feel the same as you do. He isn't ready for a relationship that has anything to do with commitment. And yes people actually get scared off. My ex fiancé did and he called it off about 1 month before wedding. Just said couldn't get married, and well I didn't feel that I wanted to play house for rest of mine. I am still having hard time getting over him, but he didn't take him long within 2 week he found someone he could move in with. I am glad I didn't get stuck with an avoider!!
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Sep 28, 2010, 02:49 PM

He commitment issue. He is not ready to settle down but you are. Please let go, it’s not you it’s him. He is not really mature enough for serious relationship he still wants to play the field.

In this love game timing is important and the timing is off.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Comment on Homegirl 50's post
    I agree.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 02:43 PM

Or am I just having a hard time accepting he doesn't feel the same for me?

You got it!
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Sep 29, 2010, 04:18 PM

Of course you can't help who you love, but this is just a lame excuse for not taking responsibility for your own poor choices.

The guy sounds like a real loser. Break it off with him. You can do better.
    In fact, you can't do worse at all. Man who is unwilling to commit, is not worth keeping anyway.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 04:55 PM

He's not done being a boy yet. Meanwhile he is stringing you along just enough to keep you in the picture. Kind of selfish HUH?

If you are looking for anything more that hanging out, and getting "leftover time", then you've got to find yourself a man for that.

I wish you the best.
    wonderlife Posts: 56, Reputation: 53

Sep 30, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Have heard someone said that, when you have doubts, especially anything regarding his feelings and his sincerity to you, mostly it means "Don't" almost every time. I have to agree on that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scared that my boyfriend will leave me [ 18 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for awhile now and now he is ready to become a dad, I have been trying to get pregnant for two months now and nothing is happening, he thinks that something is wrong with one of us. He said that he loves me and that he wants to spent the rest of his life with...

My dog is very scared of men and children? [ 7 Answers ]

My dog is afraid of men and children. I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and she has never been hurt or anything by either. She warms up to females easier. She barks constantly at them and it takes a while for a man to be able to be around her without her barking and scaring them. Any ideas...

I can't leave my house without being scared [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, Being new to this site I am not too sure how this works but I desperately need help. Every day I wake up with the same fear circuling my mind and so far it o stop my succeeded to impact my life negatively. I am constantly nervous, anxious and crying with fear and I don't know how to...

I am scared my partner will leave because of my insecurities [ 4 Answers ]

My partner and I continue to fight because I get jealous and angry when I find that he has been spending time with his friends whom are females, one in particular is one of his old love interests. He assures me I have nothing to be worried about and deep down I do know this, but I find it difficult...

Too scared to leave . [ 4 Answers ]

Hi um this is actually for a close friend of mine trying to figure out what to do... They've been married for 5 years and now have 3 kids, oldest is 5 youngest is only 4 months, mom is 25 dad is 26 now The dad doesn't have a shred of fatherhood in him, he ignores the kids, when asked to...

View more questions Search