Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patman16 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 09:26 AM
    Heart rate 199 at rest blood pressure 147/112 how bad is that and is this
    A heart problem or high blood pressure. The last couple of days my blood pressure has been high but today my blood pressure has been 147/112 with a pulse of 199 and another blood pressure reading of 141/102 and a heart rate of 122. Is this a heart problem or something else. Ps I have chest pain a headache I am dizzy and heart trouble runs in my family
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 28, 2010, 09:29 AM

Get to the doctor or ER ASAP.

We can't tell if it's a heart problem or high blood pressure. Tests need to be run immediately, and we can't do that over the internet.

Patman. I notice you have a tremendous amount of questions regarding your health. I implore you to get the advice from a health care professional in person rather than over the internet.
    studentnurse Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Sep 29, 2010, 03:42 PM
    Go to the hospital immediately!
    The blood pressure in itself is on the higher side of normal; however, a pulse of 199 is dangerous. Your pulse has gone into tachycardia which basically means a pulse of 100 bpm or more.
    I urge you to go to hospital asap for an ECG and full evaluation.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 03:45 PM

I have had readings of up to 237 beats per minute.

The most important thing for you to do is get to ER, right away.

Heart racing, blood pressure, chest pains,. Heart problems in the family. You need to see a medical doctor to rule out anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it bad that my pit pulls the runt of the litter away from the rest? [ 7 Answers ]

My pit just had pups 2 weeks ago. She keeps picking the runt of the litter out and separating her from the rest. This morning when I was getting the kids up for school I noticed the runt was gone. We found her underneath my boys bed. The dog play pen is in the kitchen. I no there is no way the runt...

Target heart rate [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 60 year-old female. When I exercise, I always seem to surpass my target heart rate. If I watch and stay under it, it feels like I'm not really getting a work-out. Can that rate be considered a minimum? My exercise is usually a treadmill or various nautilus machines.

Kids heart rate [ 1 Answers ]

My niece has just stayed in hospital overnight for her oxgyen level to be checked but her heart rate kept going down to 79bpm is this normal for a 4 year old girl or is it got something to do with her heart problems that she was digonised with when she was 2 years old

View more questions Search