Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdtmnb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 12:10 PM
    Married and in a relationship with a married man
    I have been involved with a married man for over a year now. To be completely honest we are both married. When everything first started he told me he was planning to leave her before I even came along and that was why he had put her in school. He is the only one working and that provides for the family. She has no education and has never worked. A year later he is still with her since she still has a little over a year left in school. He promises me as soon as she finishes school he is leaving and we will be together. I am now in the middle of seeing a divorse lawyer and trying to get out of the relationship I am in. Does this all sound crazy or sound like he is somewhat telling the truth. If he left her today there is no way he could pay for the house they live in now and another house.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Sep 27, 2010, 12:22 PM

I can't believe women are still falling for this BS.

Let me guess: his relationship with his wife is non-existent. They haven't had sex for years. They sleep in different bedrooms. He stays because she'll starve to death without him. He puts her in school for the sole purpose of leaving her.
    So in a year she'll graduate, and then he'll be waiting for her to get a job (in economy like that, it could be another year). And what makes you so sure he'll leave her then? This man proved himself not trustworthy already, so how can you trust he'll keep his promises?

Look at all of this. Dump his cheating lying @ss and go to martial counseling with your husband, because you're willing to throw away your marriage to become some married jerk's piece of meat on a side. If you marriage is beyond salvation, then get divorce and go and meet single people who actually have something to offer you.

But have some self-respect and don't settle for someone else's scraps.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 12:57 PM

And in a year it will be for another reason, or she has not found that job yet.

If he was really going to leave her, he would be doing it now, he could merely help pay her bills or her college or school if he wanted to and still just be with you.
    Catsysue Posts: 42, Reputation: 18

Sep 27, 2010, 03:14 PM
    I agree with the others. You already know the answer or you wouldn't be asking. Let me just say -- been there, done that. It seems like a good idea for the moment, but it's a lifetime of regret and pain. Sorry. Do what you know is right and get out now!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 03:22 PM

Sounds like the normal pile of crap that cheaters tell another, but go ahead, and get YOUR divorce, and you, and your soon to be ex, can get what you deserve from life.

I wouldn't count on that house with him next year, or the year after though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3year relationship with married man! [ 36 Answers ]

Hi, I am a New member here so please bear with me! I am with a Married man I have been with him for nearly 3years previously before I was also with a Married man. Well yes you may think I am stupid, I met my boyfriend whilst I was married but was having problems with husband so I left him. My...

Healing After Relationship with a Married Man [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved with a married man for 26 months. It completely ended this week as he moved to Brazil. I've "read" so many true things about this type of relationship that I wish I had read BEFORE now... He and his wife had no children together. He met her while working in Brazil 12 years ago. ...

Relationship with a married man [ 57 Answers ]

I have been reading through some of the threads regarding seeing a married man as I am very confused, alone and fed up. I have been seeing a married man for a few months now, he is someone I knew quite a few years ago and our relationship just took up from where we left off, we get on very well...

Being in a relationship with a very controlling married man [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together about a year and a half, when we met he was unhappily married, and even though we both knew how wrong it was to be together we really feel in love.I feel in love for the first time of my life. But the past six months we seem to have way more bad times than...

Ended my relationship w/married man [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes... a few weeks back I wrote how I got involved with a married man (who likes to live a polyamory lifestyle) and I was struggling with a way to break it off with him. In this guys case, he's married and was having a relationship with me too and hoping for me to eventually live with...

View more questions Search