Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debi1002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Hair disaster
    My hair was a blonde with a hint of red and I mistakenly dyed it a light ash brown. Now my hair is grayish, dark brown almost black in some parts. I can't afford to have my hair stripped and I need to fix this. It is horrendous. I wanted to go back to my natural brown hair color. I have heard that Head and Shoulders works but I was wondering if I should just dye it a medium brown to cover it up.
    ravenette Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Debi1002
    My hair was a blonde with a hint of red and I mistakenly dyed it a light ash brown. Now my hair is grayish, dark brown almost black in some parts. I can't afford to have my hair stripped and I need to fix this. It is horrendous. I wanted to go back to my natural brown hair color. I have heard that Head and Shoulders works but I was wondering if I should just dye it a medium brown to cover it up.
    If you would call Sallys hair supply I feel they would be kind enough to help you. Also you can go to a beauty school and they will do it for dollars. Good luck.
    mscassandra Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Well if you put a darker color over a light color, its going to work. But red is extremely hard to get out and after a few months if you die it dark brown its going to come back and show through. So you'll have to die your hair dark brown a few times before its all one color and then you'll be able to go to a light brown.
    Debi1002 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:40 PM
    There is no red left. It was blonde when I dyes it from the sun. Now it is ghastly grey.
    mscassandra Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2006, 12:44 PM
    You said it had a redish hint... that's probably why it turned a greyish color. The best way your going to get it out is to die it a dark brown or at least medium brown and the blonde or red have a big chance of coming back out. My best friends sister is a hair dresser so that's just what I know but everyone's hair react different to colors. Brown over blonde turns greyish sometimes the brown goes a greenish color too. You just have to keep re dying it till the blonde stops coming through. You can try dying it the same brown you just died it again, but it might still not come out right. So if you go to a darker brown it should even out your hair color to the same tone
    elle2003 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 10:54 AM
    I found this out the hard way anytime you have blonde hair naturally do not use ash colors it will turn it grey, pink, green.. Thats how I first became a redhead now I'm having problems cause red doesn't come out of blonde really easily.
    runingwitknifes Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Just dye it back to blonde

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all I'm new and this is my first post and it's a desperate one! I've been having my hair highlighted blonde (using bleach) now for appreox 2 plus years, as my hair is getting lighter and too boring I decided I would like to have my own chestnut brown colour back to look more natural. My...

Hair disaster! [ 5 Answers ]

:mad: I dyed my hair today I was sick of black and wanted to go brown again. I don't know what happened. My roots turned the color that I wanted them to but the rest stayed black! What do I do? HELP!

Hair disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I sprayed my permed hair with coloured red hair spray last night for a halloween party. I've tried washing it out but it has turned cerise pink any ideas how 2 get it out?

Hair Disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for atleats 2 years now. I was told by my hair dresser that I needed to "strip my hair" so that I could get some of my black hair lightin so I could dye my hair a lighter color. So I did what she said and I added my new color and it turned or REALLY BAD!! :eek: it only...

Hair disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I put some highlights in my hair wuth a pre lightener its worked OK on the ends but is lighter on the top,I like the colour but it looks uneven, the colour is a light copper,should I get a light brown dye and make it all even, I am trying to get my hair to be a light brown anyway please help

View more questions Search