Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Newman007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Leaf blower lost power
    I have a Craftsman 25cc blower that has worked great for several seasons. I've been using gas from the same can for a while-- no problems. I put new gas in and now it is very difficult to start and when it does, has very little power. Thinking my mixture could be wrong, I ran a full tank and refilled with a fresh mixture. I understand these typically are not feasible to repair, but feel this could be a simple repair. Is my trouble reversible?
    All suggestions are appreciated.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Dec 29, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Does the machine have a diiferent sound when running than before? You may try running it without the muffler on for diagnostic purposes.

The blower is equipped with a spark arrestor. It is likley the arrestor is carboned up. I am not familiar with that blower however the spark arrestors are usually located behind a small plate on the muffler.

If spark arrestor screen is plugged use a butane torch to clean it. You can remove muffler and clean exhaust port with a pencil or small piece of wood to remove carbon so you don't damage the cylinder plating.

Let me know if this helps,
    Don
    Newman007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 01:59 PM
    Through further inspection and more tinkering, I found that one screw holding the piston chamber was a quarter turn loose. I ran the unit some more and after letting it sit, there was some leakage in the area that lead me to open it up again. I guess the changing of the gas was a coincidence. It runs great again. Good experience. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ran leaf blower without oil [ 13 Answers ]

My darling wife ran a Craftsman leaf blower with straight gas - no oil mixed in. It ran about 10 minutes then stopped. The starter cord will not pull. I took it apart and can see what is stopping the cord - 2 spring loaded arms are hitting a round, grooved plastic piece in such a way that it stops...

Craftsman 2 cycle 230 mph leaf blower [ 4 Answers ]

I accidentally used regular Castrol 2 cycle motor oil (instead of craftsman synthetic) and now the engine is seized. What do I have to do to repair the engine? The manual states to only use synthetic so I assume Sears will not repair this unit as it is only 4 months old.

Leaf Blower Engine started to smoke [ 1 Answers ]

My electric powered leaf blower started to slow down and when I unplugged it, it started to smoke through the air vents. Is the engine shot and I need a new one, or should I attempt opening it up and "taking a look?" Thanks ! Helen

New blower with no power [ 7 Answers ]

Just bought this ariens 5 hp 22 or so wide, snow blower with 8 speeds and electric start when I start it it starts fine but when iget to snow blowing it just throws it a foot or so and then gets colged it almost seems like it's not spining fast enough or something ?

Lost external drive after power cut. [ 7 Answers ]

Just had a power cut. After reboot, my external drive does not show up in the 'my computer' bit. Its recognised because it is in the start bar on the bottom of my screen, but have no way of accessing it. Looked in computer management to see if it needed formatting, but its not showing up there...

View more questions Search