Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matanki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
    My water pump will not stop running and doesn't shut off.
    I'm on water catchment and I have a water pump to pump the water to my house. Usually, when I use the shower or toilest, the water pump turns on and brings pressure up to 40/60, then shuts off. This morning, after using the toilet, the pump went on, but kept on running (I had to pull the plug to shut off)

Any answers??
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 06:07 PM

Have you checked to see if the pump has lost its prime?
    matanki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 06:29 PM
    What is "it's prime"?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 02:23 PM

I am assuming you are using some sort of jet pump. Check out this article.

https://app.qleapahead.com/rtp/Libra...asset=85730,63

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Heat Pump won't stop running! [ 3 Answers ]

We have a carrier tech2000 electric heat pump and it won’t stop running. We attempted to turn the unit off at the thermostat, but the only way to stop it is to turn it off at the breaker. The unit outside seems to be off? The outside fan doesn't spin despite the hot hair & constant blowing...

AC / Heat Pump inside blower fan will not stop running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1000 Heat Pump the inside furnace blower fan runs non-stop. Even when you turn the thermostate to off. I replaced the thermostate with a new digital honeywell non-programable thermostate this did not fix the issue. Can someone tell me what my problem is, what I need to do to...

Why will my heat pump not stop running and its cold in the house [ 7 Answers ]

Its 12 degrees outside of a night now and the heat pump ran all night and its only 65 degrees in the house with the thermostat set at 72. Only warming up to like 25 during the day outside. I switched to emergency heat last night and woke up to the house being 72 degrees but the emergency heat is...

How can I make my well jet pump to stop running? [ 19 Answers ]

I just install a new CWS100: CWS100 - 1 HP CAST IRON CONVERTIBLE WELL JET PUMPS and Flotec 35 Gallon Capacity Pre-Charged Pressure Tank, Vertical, With 82 Gallon Equivalent . I have install both of them and some how the pump will not stop running even the water is not in use. The gauge will show 29...

Ejector pump will not stop running [ 1 Answers ]

The ejector pump in the basement will not stop running. Also, I smell an odor from it. I unplugged it for now.

View more questions Search