Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oppy2169 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Kenmore 90 Series Washer No Spin
    I have a Kenmore 90 series washer about 6 years old that everything works fine but won't spin. It aggitates fine but won't spin. If you catch it before it spins and turn the dial back to aggitate and while it is aggitating you spin the tub backwards then go to spin it will spin just fine. I do know it is not the lid switch for sure and I replace the plastic and rubber bushing between trans and motor that wasn't broken. It always has made a clunk noise before going into spin then it would start spinning know it just makes a quiet noise with no clunk before hand and no spin unless you do what I said in the above area then it will clunk and take right off. The model number of this is 110.23932200. I thought it might be transmission but hate to spend the money on that when I'm not for sure. If you do think it is a transmission is this repairable because if it is I do know I could repair anything as long as I know for sure it is possible. Otherwise wash machine works great besides the spin problem.
    kevin71966 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppy2169
    I have a Kenmore 90 series washer about 6 years old that everything works fine but won't spin. It aggitates fine but wont spin. If you catch it before it spins and turn the dial back to aggitate and while it is aggitating you spin the tub backwards then go to spin it will spin just fine. I do know it is not the lid switch for sure and I replace the plastic and rubber bushing between trans and motor that wasn't broken. it always has made a clunk noise before going into spin then it would start spinning know it just makes a quiet noise with no clunk before hand and no spin unless you do what i said in the above area then it will clunk and take right off. The model number of this is 110.23932200. I thought it might be transmission but hate to spend the money on that when i'm not for sure. If you do think it is a transmission is this repairable because if it is I do know I could repair anything as long as I know for sure it is possible. Otherwise wash machine works great besides the spin problem.
    Sounds like maybe the brake on the trans-I've heard there's a kit to rebuild them but never found one. If it's just sticking you might get away with oiling it-see if you can get some in there without taking anything apart-but just like a 10 speed bike, don't get it on the brake surface.
    If it isn't the brake it's prob the trans-wether it's worth a new one is your call
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Dec 30, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Sounds like clutch/basketdrive problem (brake on the machine). If you are mechanical you can do it yourself. Having it done by Sears is about 180.00. Much cheaper than a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore 80 Series Washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I was running my Kenmore 80 series washer and when it came to the spin cycle the water would drain, but it would not spin and is making a kind of clicking sound. So, I am trying to figure out what is going on. I am trying to get the back off the machine, but am also having difficulty there. Thanks...

Kenmore 80 Series washer doesn't spin... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 80 Series washing machine. Yesterday it stopped spinning. It fills up with water and then makes this fast clicking noise when it should start spinning or agitating. Any ideas on what might be the problem?:confused:

Kenmore 80 Series Washer [ 5 Answers ]

My 80 Series Kenmore washer does not stop filling with water. How do I fix

Kenmore washer 70 series [ 0 Answers ]

:( belt came off how do I put it back on correctly, because I don't have the manual or the money to pay someone to do it.

Kenmore 80 series washer [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore 80 series washer seems to suddenly have a wobbly basket and is vibrating like it is not balanced. It is not spuinning properly.

View more questions Search