Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2010, 10:30 AM

You already have guessed why he still trying to have contact. You are his ego boost, he still wants a relationship, but not one that you would agree too!! He knows you won't, but he still gets to have a eto stroke every time he gets a reaction from you, thinking of how you are still missing him and how much you still love him, etc. Unfortuantely ego strokes are one-sided, the otherside of this equation only gets to live the hurtful feelings that are left behind!!

Keep doing what you have been=NC. Don't let him get his ego stroke from you! Remember your feelings are the only thing that matters now! Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 11:50 AM

I think your healing will go much better if you blocked his emails, and that would stop you wondering why he is doing what he does. That would also stop the cycle of re feeling that confusing question only he can answer, every time he emails.

Lets be real, WHY are you not ready to take that important step to healing by BLOCKING his emails????????
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 01:10 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talaniman again.

I agree with talaniman on all counts and you need to ask yourself why you are ready to block his emails.
    I would venture to say as answerme_tender has said, like him you are getting an ego boost having him beg for a response from you.
    You need to stop. Block him and be done with it. Or if it will make you feel better, tell him you are fine and then block him.
    You both are playing games with each other and it is not attractive or cool.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2010, 01:23 PM

Time to rip of that band aid,this slowly peeling it off is not helping you heal.

Just catch the corner and rip it off and bin it,once you do it,hopefully you will have a sense of release.

OK,so its hard to finally commit to healing and getting him out of your life,but don't forget in all this he's MARRIED,I know you know that, just it deserves saying again.. he is married jheep, and he is never going to be yours,he lied to you, and what he did was cruel.

You don't have to understand your motives for not blocking him all you need to understand is to take the next step in healing you need to block him,before those emails infect the healing you have all ready done.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 01:48 PM

jheep, be honest with yourself about why you aren't blocking him and why you are reading the emails. Is there a bit of a boost that he still thinks of you and wants you? Is it the ghost of a relationship that you are still trying to hold on to? A bandage to protect a wounded heart? Are you afraid of the pain or finality that blocking him will bring?

Why don't you give yourself a present and block him? I don't think it will hurt as much now as you may fear. It is time to remove the bandage and see just how much you have healed.

Good luck.
    jheep Posts: 31, Reputation: 14

Dec 22, 2010, 06:00 AM
    Oh, I've blocked and deleted him in all my accounts - skype, YM, Facebook, etc. I've also stopped looking him up in the social networks and the internet.

But he's still able to send me emails, which I ignore. No way will he ever get a reaction. He can get his ego boost somewhere else. And yes, I feel good sometimes when he does email, but it's nothing special anymore. It's the same as being told by a random guy that I'm beautiful. A cheap thrill, but nothing more.

Sometimes it just scratches some feelings and thoughts in me like yesterday. But the feelings and thoughts are not as powerful as before anymore. I have to admit that my last questions were foolishly romantic and very stupid. Yes, he's married and that's a fact. It's "not attractive or cool" as Homegirl 50 said. I don't want to play games. Thanks for making it clear to me.

I've been through hell with this experience. I'm fully committed to heal and make myself and my life better. If that includes blocking his emails, then so be it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jheep View Post
    I have to admit that my last questions were foolishly romantic and very stupid.
    No, they aren't very stupid. What would have been stupid is allowing those questions to grow and take on a life of their own. Instead, you came here to let them out and get a dose of reality. Definitely not stupid.

I am glad you have taken the steps of deleting contact.

May you continue to heal and get your life back on track. :)
    jheep Posts: 31, Reputation: 14

Dec 23, 2010, 10:45 AM
    Comment on Cat1864's post
    Thanks! You're very kind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm engaged to a man stationed in WA. Can my children and I move from Texas [ 12 Answers ]

I live in Texas and he is stationed in WA. He is in the military and can't move.

Gay man in love with married man [ 3 Answers ]

About three yrs ago I met a guy on a gay website... he had sent he a note and we met... although I thought I was totally out of his league... and thought that I would never see him again for some reason he continued to visit me often... it was always oral sex me giving him receiving... and there...

Middle aged Gay Man in love with a married straight man [ 30 Answers ]

I've lived a long time and had many experiences but this one is driving me crazy. In my younger days I've had bedded straight married men and didn't find it satisfying because I was in it for love and they were in it for sex. That was 25 years ago, now here I am 25 years older and wiser and find...

In love with a married man and I can't seem to move on [ 5 Answers ]

I just need to know how to get over my love for a married man which is now the father of my children? We had a 7 yr relationship but have continued to be friends although life and circumstances caused us to part ways. Well, after 3 yrs of being apart (although stayed in touch) I moved back to the...

View more questions Search