Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Som3Guy Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Sep 17, 2010, 07:19 AM
    Got her number. Next Step?
    Yo hey guys, what's up? So. I "met" a girl, who is friends with one of my friends, I added her on Facebook and started taking to her on MSN, just a day, next day I asked her if she had plans for the weekend, so I could ask her out, but she does, good thing is she didn't figure out I was going to ask her out. So I asked if she could grab lunch sometime and she said next week is okay, then I asked her number and she gave it to me right away, that was a first for me. So now I'm planning to text her next week to see if she's available for lunch. Is it a good move? I'm tired of being so shy and wasting time trying to talk girls out only to get dumped after one month trying hard to win them. It's best to be descarted right away so I save some time, but that was not what happened and now I'm kind of excited about it.

Thank you guys. Bye bye.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 07:22 AM

Don't text her. Dude, that's lame. CALL her. Let her hear your voice.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:52 AM

I don't think she'll mind if you call and ask her about lunch. So far, so good, right?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 08:14 AM

Call instead of text.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 08:21 AM

Since it sounds like she is expecting a call, there should be no issue with calling her. If you get her voice mail, leave a message with your name and number when the best time to reach you would be. Don't make asking her out any more complicated than asking one of your friends if he wants to 'get a bite to eat'.
    summmer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 08:26 AM

It time to take da next big step.. :) don't hog around.. just be comfortable in your own skin.. dats what girls like... and you smile a lot :)
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 09:31 AM

Most women under 30 would rather text. Anyone older, you should call. So text first, then call.

Word of advice: make definite plans. When you ask her out to lunch say "how about lunch next Tuesday", don't say "sometime". Another tip I heard is schedule dates early in the week 'cause that's the most likely time they'll be free.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    Most women under 30 would rather text. Anyone older, you should call. So text first, then call.
    I respectfully disagree. There is way too much miscommunication with texting.
    Som3Guy Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Sep 17, 2010, 02:40 PM
    I succumbed to the temptation of texting her , coudlnt call since I was in class. So I just texted that I saw her and she had a beutifull smile. She answered right away saying thank you and kisses. D: I'll call her first thing on Monday since I have a plans for the weekend and so does her I guess. Wish me luck. I guess I'll do okay, even if she doesn't accept, the fact that I got her number made me much more confident in general.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    I respectfully disagree was well. My 16 year old daughter will NOT date anyone that texts her first. Her reason: "If he's not man enough to call me, he's not man enough to date me."
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2010, 11:14 AM

All I have to say is it looks like texting is working out for the OP.
    CinnamonBrownie Posts: 45, Reputation: 13

Nov 26, 2010, 07:07 PM
    May I jump in with a suggestion? Where you're going to "win" in this situation is with the power of your own mind. Make a decision that you're going to have a great time. If you truly decide that, it doesn't matter what happens on your lunch date (which it looks like you'll definitely get), I think you'll be amazed at how that changes your perception of everything.

The best way to ensure she's pleased with you is to decide that you're going to be "pleased with yourself" first. If you're having a great time no matter what she's going to be inclined to simply go along with you. :)

I hope that helps out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step-dad has been supporting step son after mom moved out and now want custody [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my step-son since he was 2 bio dad has only seen him a total of 48 hrs in 4 years, bio mom left step son with me and I have supported him by myself with out her for past year. I had to do paperwork so that he could go to school, provided medical and babysitting for him, now bio parents...

I have the manuel... I want ENGLISH step by step instructions on mp3/mp4 free music [ 3 Answers ]

As 4 answer... does not help. I have manual... I need step by step instruction in plain words . Not computor words that I don't understand /example /hit button that says... not feeds or something computor talk and words please from what I understand I might have 2 download music to netbook then to...

Step-Father Signed both Prenup and Postnup Agreements to Support Step-Child [ 6 Answers ]

My husband signed both a prenuptial and a post-nuptial agreement to educate, maintain and support my children, his step-children. My husband sued me and my children (his step-children) over the agreements several years back but changed his mind and signed a release of all claims, an agreed...

View more questions Search