Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hurricane87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Is there a universal txv valve for a carrier wshp unit
    Ive called the factory and the txv valve is on back order until October 9 and I really need to get this unit up and running.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 03:35 PM

Then but a Sporlan or Parker expansion valve, install it professionally and be done with it. They are universal as to the fact that they fit a so many BTU unit and the type of refrigerant used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible faulty TXV valve [ 5 Answers ]

Good afternoon. I've been experiencing some high temps in the house during the day and a freeze up on the outside unit the other day. I called the service techs and they went through the normal diagnostic routine. He determined it was a bad TXV valve but at $1100 to repair I'm skeptical. I have a...

TXV hard shut off on Carrier [ 4 Answers ]

I have a brand new Carrier 14 seer unit, 3.5 tons. Model No. 24ABC6. I have noticed that when the blower motor on the compressor side outside shuts down is make some clatter. Is this the TXV valve during a hard shut off? Just curious and checking to make sure there is nothing wrong with the...

Txv valve replacement cost [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Amana package unit on the roof, I have been told that it will cost $1200 to replace the TXV valve, 4 hours to drain and reclaim the free-on(R22). Can the re-claimed R22 be put back into the unit and does $1200 sound like the right price? I happpen to know that you can replace a compressor...

TXV Valve [ 1 Answers ]

Can a bad TXV valve cause a compressor to go bad? Thanks, BMCMyers

Txv valve acting up [ 3 Answers ]

I have a refrigertion unit that is not working properly. First there was a problem with the solenoid valve and then a compresser replacement. Unit is still not working. The pressures with unit runnig is 4 psi suction and 200 head, R-22. Unit has plenty of refrigerant because unit is running as the...

View more questions Search