Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2010, 05:57 PM
    When to have sex?
    Hi, I have been dating the man for about 2 months now. We started to keep in touch since May, but new each other from last year via twitter. I am quite comfortable in his company but not quite sure when to have sex with him. I can see that he would like to but he isn't rushing me. We talk a lot about everything, his family,etc and sex too. Shall I hold on and wait or just let my hair down and do it? Advice ***
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2010, 06:13 PM

It depends on your views in regard to sex. Some people feel it should only be within a marriage, or at least a long term committed relationship. Others feel ready when the relationship is exclusive. Others feel when there are strong feelings of love for each other. Others feel if you have a physical attraction is enough.

Point is the right time is what is right for you. Consider all of the possible consequences... unplanned pregnancy being a major one as no form of birth control is 100% effective even when used correctly. Another is the risk of infection. (people do not always realize they have one for sometime) Again, being wise with birth control can offer some protection.

Ultimately YOU are the one who will deal with these possible situations so you will have to decide about the "what ifs". It is unlikely that he will stay around after only dating for two months... it can happen, but unlikely no matter what he may tell you.

No one thinks it will happen to them, that it happens to everyone else... but keep in mind that to other people, you are that someone else!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 06:16 PM

Are you ready to be a mom?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 07:54 PM

When he is willing to pay child support and you are ready to raise a child. No form of birth control is 100 percent,

Sep 11, 2010, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Are you ready to be a mom?
    I am a mom , my daughter is 20 y.o
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaipeda View Post
    I am a mom , my daughter is 20 y.o
    Then I'm hoping you understand birth control and how to use it. (Since you hadn't mentioned your age in your original post, for all we knew you are 14.)

I would get to know a person pretty well before I had sex with him. Do you deal with people on a regular basis so that you can "read" him?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 08:16 PM

You mentioned that you talk about his family. Does that mean he is married and have children?

Sep 11, 2010, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Then I'm hoping you understand birth control and how to use it. (Since you hadn't mentioned your age in your original post, for all we knew you are 14.)

I would get to know a person pretty well before I had sex with him. Do you deal with people on a regular basis so that you can "read" him?
    Thanks for putting me into 14 y.o positions, I pretty like that:)

Yes that' the point I read him and when he is with me I am comfortable. Bu I am insecure as a person and for me it is hard to know if he is being serious not because he waits for sex or because he likes me.All his actions shows that he cares and is serious, but after the sex he might change, I do not know He asked me if I want to marry him, I don't know whether he was serious or not, also he sent me the message (after we parted today's meeting) that he loves me. Also he said that he would like to have a baby with me.. I know it is strange for a woman my age ask that questions but I like fresh opnions from this site , so why not..
    I don't know what to think,I know all the stuff about pregnancies of course I do, but my question is, what shall I do? Trust him and have sex now or wait longer. I would wait for 1 year but being with him makes me very comfy and I don't know what to do..

Sep 11, 2010, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    You mentioned that you talk about his family. Does that mean he is married and have children?
    He is divorced, he's got daughter that lives with him.
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 08:43 PM

I would wait if I were you...

Everything he is saying sounds like pillow talk.

If he really cares about you and "wants a baby and loves you" then he will wait.

Sep 11, 2010, 08:47 PM
    I would wait if I were you...

Everything he is saying sounds like pillow talk.

If he really cares about you and "wants a baby and loves you" then he will wait.
    You're right. How long would you wait? I know that the longer woman waits the more chances the relationship will be stronger..
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 08:54 PM
    you,re right. How long would you wait? I know that the longer woman waits the more chances the relationship will be stronger..
    Well, since you asked, I will tell.

I have only made love to two men. My exhusband was my first. I was 25 when I lost my virginity. I had made him wait for 1 year before we made love. Then after my divorce, I had been with one more, I made him wait for several months before making love to him.

I am a grown woman in my 30's, and I take it being that you have a Daughter who is 20, leads me to believe you are in your late 30's +, so I understand that you are a adult, not a 16 or 20 year old. However, if it were me I would wait several months. I'm not saying years, just months.

That's just me.

Sep 11, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Well, since you asked, I will tell.

I have only made love to two men. My exhusband was my first. I was 25 when I lost my virginity. I had made him wait for 1 year before we made love. Then after my divorce, I had been with one more, I made him wait for several months before making love to him.

I am a grown woman in my 30's, and I take it being that you have a Daughter who is 20, leads me to believe you are in your late 30's +, so I understand that you are a adult, not a 16 or 20 year old. However, if it were me I would wait several months. I'm not saying years, just months.

That's just me.
    Thank You that's very sweet of you to tell me about you. I agree with you:I think I need to hang on for a while.
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Thank You that's very sweet of you to tell me about you. And for your compliments:) I agree with you:I think I need to hang on for a while.
    You're welcome.:)

There will be plenty of time for that. And there is nothing wrong with building up the anticipation.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Thanks for putting me into 14 y.o positions
    You would not believe how many times a week this question is asked by girls under 18... or 16... It is so refreshing to be asked by someone older. That says a lot of good things about you.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2010, 06:14 AM

While I agree about the question being refreshing coming from someone older than a teen, I would still say the same thing.

Wait until you feel truly ready... do not fall for any feeling of being talked into it with sweet words (even though you said he isn't rushing you)... understand that you could be having and raising a baby on your own without his involvement... make sure you are confident in yourself that you aren't swayed by wanting to feel loved, needed, desired, etc. and make sure you feel he is truly committed if you are looking for something more than a casual fling; try before you buy sort of thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Had sex on 13th had cycle on 14th had sex on 19th which date did I conceive [ 2 Answers ]

Had sex on 13th had cycle on 14th had sex on 19th with 2 different guys bouth unprotected so which date did I conceive

My date speaks outloud over sex his sex fantasies of three-way sex [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been dating this guy not for long time now. From the beginning while we were having sex he mentioned his sexual fantasies to me. He wanted to have another women joining us. I asked me why not him with two other women not me being involved. Anyhow, a few days ago he mentioned...

View more questions Search