Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keith12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
    Is it legal for a landlord to show an apartment that is still occupied in New Jersey
    Can a landlord show my place while I am still here. I have given notice that I am moving out so I know they want to get someone in as soon as possible but I just want to know my rights. I live in New Jersey
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 03:11 PM

Not as long as he gives you notice that he is showing the apartment. Unless there is something in your lease that states differently
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2010, 03:30 PM

Read your lease. I'm sure it allows the landlord to show the apartment with reasonable notice.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    not as long as he gives you notice that he is showing the apartment. Unless there is something in your lease that states differently
    I think you meant to say It is legal/ LL can show "as long as he ...".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord showing apartment while occupied [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it is legal for a landlord to show an apartment while it is still occupied. I have satisfied my lease and am moving in 30 days. She keeps giving my telephone number to people who are calling me wanting to view. I told her to stop so now she is going to just show the place...

Landlord notice to vacate in New Jersey [ 2 Answers ]

How much notice do I need 2 give if I need 2 move back in property

2family to 3family owner occupied, legal implications? [ 4 Answers ]

What are the legal downsides to going from a two family owner occupied residence, to a three family owner occupied residence in New Jersey? The background... Until recently I rented the upstairs two floors of my home to a pair of men who have been simply wonderful neighbors and friends, as...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search