Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SLX Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Just a tad confused.
    Hi, maybe it's because I'm a teen, but some of the things that my cats do slightly confuse me. I have two tabby's, Joe and George. They are brothers and about 6 months old. Ever since we got them, we've been loving them to death. Sometimes, when I just hold them I'm filled with so much love that I think I might drown.

Well, anyway. A ritual has now begun to start. They both refuse to go to bed without me at night. If I lock them out of my room they just howl and scratch at the door until I let them in. Then they be wild around the room for about ten minutes before they actually get on my bed. Joe likes to sleep under the covers between my legs [highly unconfortable, but I'm suppoosing it's really warm down there] and George likes to sleep in with my arms wrapped around him.

Every morning we play a game, George and I, while Joe is still asleep. I lay on my side and george is laying on his back looking at me. What he's doing is he's arching his back, spreading his paws apart. It appears the he's stratching but I can tell that he's purposely touching my skin lightly with his paws, thinking I won't notice opr something, and the I poke his hand and he withdraws. Then it starts all over again.

Then when Joe wakes up, it's play time for a few hours.

Usually, I join play time. Playfully ravaging their heads with my hands, and then they bite it. Usually, I either say 'hey' or 'ow' and every time I say that, they lick my nibble wounds. It's almost as if their saying sorry.

I just want to know why my cats are doing these things. Can someone please explain to me?
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Dec 27, 2006, 01:00 PM
    They are a creatures of habit.

I have 3 cats and each of them are different. I have a tabby that is like a shadow to me... every room I am in, she is in... period. It is to a point that I cannot go to sleep if she is not lying on the bed with me.

My other cat does NOT like to be touched unless he initiates it. But when I go to be he is the one that cuddles with me first while my tabby lays at the bottom of the bed. It's like they have this "understanding" between the two of them, that the male lays with me first and they my tabby lays with me when he gets down.

I think they are happy cats and that is why they are doing what they are doing.

p.s. I had a cat that liked to lay between my legs under the covers also, it is uncomfortable, but we do it anyway. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Please Help: Confused [ 3 Answers ]

I've had an irregular pattern of period for the past 3 years. Recently, my boyfriend fingered me, 20 minutes after playing with himself. He wiped the sperm off, but did not use water of soap. Is there a chance I can be pregnant? Secondly, when I sleep with my boyfriend, his precum is all over...

2" shower trap: won't tighten anymore, no leak, but still a tad loose. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I am currently installing a 2nd bathroom in our house. The shower trap moves a little, but I can't tighten it anymore, and water does not leak when I stick a hose down the drain. Can I cover this up even though it moves it a bit? Is it supposed to move at the swivel point even when...

I'm confused... [ 9 Answers ]

Ok... I’ve been going out with my co-worker(I also changed my schedule to match hers) for 4 months now and are doing it at least twice a month(shes too busy as she has another job). But she still going out with her other boyfriend of 4 years(they tried living together but it didn’t work out)...

HELP ME confused [ 27 Answers ]

Hey guys this is my first post on this site, and it's a very complicated situation so I am sry for the length. So here it goes, I have been with my girlfriend for a little over 2 years now. Our relationship started awesome for the first year we were probably the happiest couple anyone knew. I...

View more questions Search