He gives his address as living in Virginia, but his plates are from NY
    Which is where the accident happened. He' from a mid-eastern
    Country and I'm hoping the rest of his information is true... but it's
    Weird to have a NY plate and live in Va. Anyway... do I have any
    Recourse.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 02:57 PM

How is where he's from a factor in this? People move from here to there and don't change their driver's license. I don't find this weird. Illegal, yes, very often; weird, no.

Ask your insurance company to reconsider. If that fails take the other driver to Small Claims Court and prove your case - the point of impact should go a long way in describing what happened. Were there independent witnesses?

I'm an accident investigator - you cannot change lanes unless it is safe to do so and it apparently wasn't safe. You can argue that he made a fast move but then you'd have to admit you didn't see him and that's not good for you.

The Police are not witnesses so their report may not be worth very much -

I note that this is not your first accident this year. Your insurance company may also be looking at this from that angle. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-...ml#post2433654

I'm a liability investigator.
    Gloria2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 05:36 AM
    Can I sue other driver's ins co for deductable
    I was in a car accident. The guy was SOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong and the
    Truth is in the car damage. The police didn't see it until after I called them. I reported it to my ins co and they are fixing the car now. I have
    To pay out $500 ded. How can I get this deductable back or do I have
    To lose it. It seems so unfair... I thought maybe small claims?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 12, 2010, 06:04 AM

First off was fault assigned in this accident? Another thing was the other driver insured?
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2010, 06:15 AM

Your company should pursue the deductible from the other driver - automatically.

Ask your claim rep.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2010, 07:34 AM

What Judy says is correct. Your carrier should be filing a claim against his carrier for the full cost of what they paid out. If he was totally at fault, then his liability coverage should pay the damages. They will reimburse your carrier and pay your deductible. Have you talked to your claim agent?
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2010, 07:47 AM

Note - all of these posts relate to the same thing, asked in different ways. Should be combined.

To Glorida - please post all the info in one thread.

Sep 21, 2010, 06:20 PM

Please don't use the Comments feature to post follow-up. Use the Answer options.

This is typical. Your carrier pays all but your deductible. You pay the deductible then get reimbursed from the other driver's carrier.
    Gloria2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Car accident-phoney claim of injury
    I was in an accident where someone had a woman sitting with an infant in her arms and
    A child about 7 without seats for them... the driver told them to walk away.. they did.
    Then the police came.. reports done, car repaired. Now he's claiming injury. I am shocked. Looked up the guy online.. he's from the mideast and was in jail for theft and paid big bail money... don't know the rest... it may have nothing to do with this except
    He's a liar... nobody was hurt.. it's bull. He called his friends who came ten minutes later
    And told me he had witnesses... they were all speaking in Arabic so I don't kn ow what
    They said, but I think they are out to get something out of this. The fender was $1200.
    And I just had to pay deductable. Thought case was over. Have to call them tomorrow.
    Just got home and had to vent. Any advice would be welcome too.

Sep 27, 2010, 03:24 PM

YOU don't call them at all. You refer them to your insurance company and let them deal with the company's lawyers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 04:01 PM

Yes, refuse to even talk to them at all, you may say or agree to something you never should have. Give the info to your insurance company and let them deal with it only
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 11:18 AM

You've already vented once - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-...-w-506252.html.

This has been asked and answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident: no police report, what can I do? [ 5 Answers ]

If I did not file a police report, can I sue them or get anything out of them for the damage even if it is minor?

No police report car accident [ 6 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter rear ended a car. The police were not called and there was no visible damage to other vehicle. Only minor damage to our vehicle. The driver took my name and number, but did not ask for insurance information. I do not think they filed a police report. Other driver called...

Car accident no police report [ 7 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident on 12nov. Yes,I was my fault.although,no police report was taken,we did submit info.I was later contacted by the person whom I hit insurance compny stating,the had done an apprasial and it would total over 1300! I do not have 1300.. I have stated that I would like to...

Car accident w/o police report. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm seeking legal advice about a car accident I was involved in. I stopped in the parking lot (there weren't a lot of cars there). The car in front of me was pulling out and backed into me. The damage is not big, but there are some big scratches on my bumper and the front light. The...

Car Accident No Police Report [ 13 Answers ]

Here is my story... back in 01/2006 I was in the middle of a 5 car pile up... anyhow... we didn't call the police to make the report... the guy took my drivers license info and my insurance... which was expired... we'll I let it go... about 1 year later I get a request from the company requesting...

View more questions Search