Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allieislegendx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Black Hair Help!
    I dyed my hair black about 5 months ago, and I'm really sick of it. I HATE IT SOO MUCH! Is there any way I can change it back to brown? :confused:
    Dodi008 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Wash it out many times. Do treatments so that it won't dry out. A hot oil treatment would be good. If you dye it a lighter shade, only the roots will be lighter and the old hair will still be black. Best advice I can give you is to be patient. =)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 28, 2006, 08:03 PM
    You can't make black hair lighter color without using a lightening product. However, you can lighten the color a couple shades with a hair color that contain a 20 volume peroxide developer, but it could result in a red/orange shade because dark hair has a lot of red pigment in it. It's best to go to the salon and have to color done. The hairstylist will mix a formula to achieve your desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Hair [ 8 Answers ]

I have long, thick, curly hair, which is naturally a honey blonde colour. I've had it black for the past 2 years or so, and I've decided I'd really like something different. Basically, I would like to have the top half of my hair still black, and the bottom half an electric blue or hot pink...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

How Do I Get Black Out Of My Hair! [ 13 Answers ]

OK... well I have done a lot of hair dying in the past 3 years... I first started with a brownish red with golden highlights, and kept that up for about a year. Then I dyed my hair black and kept that for about a year also. Then I got my hair chemically straightened which only lasted for a couple...

Striping of black from hair [ 3 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair a really dark black and I want the colour out now but it is permanent. HOW DO I GET THIS OUT AS I can't AFFORD TO go to hairdressers.

Sick of black hair [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black back in October and I'm really getting bored with the color. I want something a lot lighter for the summer such as a light brown or a blonde but I don't know how to get rid of the black. It had faded a lot but not as much as I want it to and I know I can't dye a lighter color...

View more questions Search