Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matthew211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 08:59 AM
    Can the use of Muriatic acid change the color of my Bluestone sitwall?
    I'm trying to determine whether it was not mixed properly, left on to long or not rinsed off enough.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2010, 07:31 PM

If the acid was too strong or left on too long, it will whiten the bluestone. It can come from the mortar used. Even though bluestone is a variety of sandstone, impurities, limestone or marble as a metamorphic intrusion will react with muriatic(Hydrochloric) acid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muriatic Acid [ 3 Answers ]

I have got muriatic acid to get rid of efflorescence in my concrete floor, so now I'm just wondering about a safe disposal method after I finish with what I need? Can I pour this down the drain?

How to remove the white muratic acid color from gray grout [ 4 Answers ]

I laid a satillo tile floor with one inch grout joints. I had sealed the tiles before I grouted with natural gray grout, however, I was unable to remove all the grout from the tiles. I used muratic acid to clean the remaining grout off the tiles. In the process, the muratic acid turned the gray...

Muriatic acid [ 3 Answers ]

Can I use muriatic acid to clear my shower drain?

Muriatic acid [ 10 Answers ]

What does one do with 3 quarts unused from a gallon container (bought at Sears)? How long can the 3 quarts be stored safely in the plastic container?

View more questions Search