Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcscos Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Sep 2, 2010, 01:34 PM
    I need help identifying bumps on my son's feet and legs
    My two young boys 2 and 4 just got back from their dad's house last Sunday. Quick background... he is unclean, does not put bug spray, does not wash hands, sheets, you get the picture. It stinks that I have to let them go, but I do. Anyway, since my divorce, my ex stopped paying health insurance even for the boys and I am in between coverage for another 2 weeks. I would LOVE to identify what these are so I can tell him and he can do what he needs to do to prevent it happening again. In the end, he doesn't want them in pain or discomfort...

I honestly didn't really notice them until Monday morning. I don't know if they weren't "full blown" yet, or if I was just tired. They are red almost pimple like and my mom swears at one point they had a blister like tip. They are predominantly on his feet and legs but don't seem to itch or bother him. To me, they just look like red pimples. There are three on his belly and my other son had maybe 4 or 5, but a couple were on his face. I am quite baffled. They are not mosquito bites FOR SURE... spider bites itch and don't usually give 30 some bites. Poison oak or ivy would itch usually, and if one son has it, the other would too. Bed bugs bite in threes... chiggers are in areas like armpits, groin, behind knees... I really can't figure it out. Does ANYONE have any idea what this could be?? HELP PLEASE!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 2, 2010, 01:57 PM

Can you post a pic of what these look like. You don't have to include faces, just body parts where these bites are. Otherwise I don't know how we could identify from just a random description.

tick

Sep 2, 2010, 02:17 PM
    This was the best I could do... so hard to tell from pics :(
    Attached Images

Sep 2, 2010, 02:20 PM

They were the worst on his feet with about 15 or so, but that pic was too big to upload
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 2, 2010, 02:34 PM

Hi jcs, they look like flea bites. Not spider bites or bed bug bites, but is hard to tell unless you have someone look directly at them, as in a clinic.

Tick

Sep 2, 2010, 02:36 PM

Yes, thank you. If I had health insurance, I would've been there in a heart beat and I contacted his pediatrician and since they were not bothering him and after a description, they basically said it was nothing to worry about.. I however, would like to know so I can help with prevention. Thank you again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 2, 2010, 03:27 PM

I was thinking flea bites as well. Do you have a health department in your area? I'd start there if you don't have insurance.
    lealburrus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 07:01 PM
    My son is allergic to fleas & mosquitos so when he get bitten he gets a pimplish looking red blistery mark on him. I get the benadryl lotion and put little dabs on all the spots and he is fine. Hope you have good luck figuring it out and best of luck with the ex cleaning up his act and house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red bumps on legs... [ 10 Answers ]

Wow, I don't know if it's polite to ask this many questions when I first become a member... but a problem that has been bothering me since I've been shaving is something that will NOT go away no matter what I try. I have red spots( my enlarged pores) all over my legs... mostly on my lower...

Painful feet red marks on legs [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a painful, minor swelling on the top of my foot for 3 days. The pain has move up the front of my shin and is accompanied by a red mark, in a line up my shin. It is very painful to extend my foot.

Red bumps on legs [ 1 Answers ]

Over the summer after I went to one of my friends houses, I noticed these red bumps appearing on my legs and when I tried to shave, they got worse and when I used soap it burned my legs. I got the bumps even worse! And they are really embarrassing because I play in sports where I have to wear...

What are the bony protrusions on sides of my son's feet? [ 4 Answers ]

I never noticed until yesterday, my son was laying on the couch and had his legs on my lap. I grabbed one of his feet and he say "oouch". So after looking at what he was complaining about I noticed along the outer side of his foot if I run my hand up it, a bony protrusion is there. It comes out on...

View more questions Search