Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjdawg Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 11:46 AM
    Strange Relationship?
    My wife and I have been married 14 years but we are both still shy about sex (married when I was 21 and she was 20 - both virgins at the time).

We both enjoy sex but are still very shy about talking about it and trying new things. I think we are both a little embarrassed.

Any ideas how to improve our communication and sex life. I have thought maybe we should get one of those games where you pull a card that tells you a specific thing to try. Not sure what else.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Sep 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
    My wife and I have been married 14 years but we are both still shy about sex (married when I was 21 and she was 20 - both virgins at the time).

We both enjoy sex but are still very shy about talking about it and trying new things. I think we are both a little embarrassed.

Any ideas how to improve our communication and sex life. I have thought maybe we should get one of those games where you pull a card that tells you a specific thing to try. Not sure what else.
    Better yet, make your own cards of things you want to try. 5 or so each. Put them in a hat and what you draw you do.

Sep 2, 2010, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    Better yet, make your own cards of things you want to try. 5 or so each. Put them in a hat and what you draw you do.
    I like that idea. Thank you.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 11:54 AM

I like the card idea,but each of you make your own.

One deck of what you would like to to and another of what your willing to do.

Books are another way of talking about sex,reading them together outside of the bedroom,or when your not in a sexual mood.

Keeping the conversation light and fun.

Find out where each of you are sexually.

I'm afraid the only way to get around it is to talk about it.

Sep 2, 2010, 11:54 AM

I'm not sure I will be able to convince her to write anything down though. She seems very shy about saying things she likes or new things she wants to try. That is probably my fault if I have unintentionally made her uncomfortable speaking out. Not sure how to bring her out of her shell though.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Sep 2, 2010, 11:56 AM

I've seen the commercial edition , I don't know who writes their cards, but some of the stuff they put in I wouldn't do at gun point.
    And making your own is direct to the stuff you want to do.
    jcscos Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Sep 2, 2010, 12:01 PM

To be honest, in my own opinion and experience, I think sexuality and the openness to please your partner is so much more than just the act. I think you need to make sure you make her feel beautiful every day and make more of a point to help her to be comfortable with her body. She will want to "share" it more with you. The communication throughout the entire relationship, again in my opinion, will help for you both to be more open and comfortable sexually.

Please don't think I am assuming you don't communicate well, but just trying to give you an idea of what helped me to be more open. Good luck!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sjdawg View Post
    I'm not sure I will be able to convince her to write anything down though. she seems very shy about saying things she likes or new things she wants to try. That is probably my fault if I have unintentionally made her uncomfortable speaking out. Not sure how to bring her out of her shell though.
    You could try a book then,'the joy of sex' is pretty good.easy to read,lots of pictures.

You might be able to draw her out by asking what does she think,would she be comfortable, etc.

You don't have to try several things all in one go.
    When you do decide to try something new ,throw some romance into the evening,dinner maybe some wine... relax,and always always talk about stopping if one of you is not comfortable.

Sep 2, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jcscos View Post
    to be honest, in my own opinion and experience, i think sexuality and the openess to please your partner is so much more than just the act. i think you need to make sure you make her feel beautiful every day and make more of a point to help her to be comfortable with her body. she will want to "share" it more with you. the communication throughout the entire relationship, again in my opinion, will help for you both to be more open and comfortable sexually.

please don't think i am assuming you don't communicate well, but just trying to give you an idea of what helped me to be more open. good luck!

Always room to improve. I have given this extra effort recently and she has acknowledged it. Of course, between kids and work it has not yet paid off in the bedroom... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange new relationship [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks, So I'm two months into a very strange relationship which is completely new to me and I want some objective advice. It is insanely complicated. Basically I friended a cute girl and after a month we started dating, I knew from pretty much the first week that we met that she had bipolar...

Strange relationship [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to advice me what to do with my boy friend.I know him for 8 years he come to my house any time he likes day or night never got to know his family or where he lives. And he told me when he go to visit his mum he don't want me to call him . He told me he want to marry me but every year...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

Why does she think I'm strange [ 14 Answers ]

We were going away for the day to a pool party. I asked my girlfriend if it was OK if I put my car in her garage. She was looking at me like why would you do that... so I explained its going to be 90 plus and I thought it would be a good idea to keep it out of the baking sun. Later at the end of...

View more questions Search