Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcscos Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Sep 2, 2010, 08:56 AM
    He was interested and now he's not calling
    I am actually in the same type of situation as another woman I just read... I met this guy online but on a site I deem to be for serious relationships only. Anyway, he pursued me. After a bit, he asked if he could call and did. We talked for about 45 minutes. We then talked a few days later, when he called, and talked over an hour. We really connected. He was very active in trying to meet up. When we finally did, however brief it was, it went well. Immediately following our first "date" (one drink because he had to get to class for his MBA), he texted from the car. To me, this meant he was happy with how it went as well. When I was in town (we are from different cities), we texted all night long flirting back and forth, but we both had prior plans and couldn't meet up. Since that night, I have not spoken to him. He has not called or texted. I am feeling that if he has time to pee, he has time to text!! I know he's busy with work and school, but there is always time if you're interested... am I right? Advice please!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 09:02 AM

In my experience with dating sites if a guy wants to meet up early he has met up early before.

i.e. not his first time.

Most likely he's dating a lot of women,nothing wrong with that,and one may have become a little more serious since your date with him.

Its not big deal,my advice is move on,you have not lost anything,you have gained more experience.

Sep 2, 2010, 09:12 AM

A little more info... I have two young boys and he seemed very open to this because he was raised by a single mother. I don't think just "any guy" would be open to this... I thought he was different. Also, why would the communication have kept up post date if he wasn't interested? I do see your point, though, it's just always hard to hear. You think that your conversations were special and that he could not have possible had this connection with someone else!! I will most definitely not be contacting him, it's just hard not to hope :) thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 09:23 AM

Always always be wary of anyone (strangers) who is interested in meeting your children early on.

You didn't really know him that well.

Its really difficult to say how he felt or what he thought after only a few conversations,those were your feelings and thoughts however strong you felt them,not his.

There are loads of guys who are interested in single parents,I married one! Then got divorced!

Having children was never an problem while I dated,for me or them,granted none developed into relationships and they never met my children.

I have 3 kids now,and with a wonderful decent man for nearly 2 years.

Take your time dating,get to know who they are,its worth the time and effort that you take.

Sep 2, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Agreed! And he did not meet my children! I am divorced as well and have only seriously dated one man since that time... he did meet my boys, but not until I knew we were serious and wanted to move forward. I am and will continue to be soooo careful about this. We didn't work out, but I learned a lot. Mostly that there are good men out there... my ex husband was a disaster :( thanks again! Your story makes me hopeful!
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 09:37 AM

Other people will post advice that you may find helpful.

If I may suggest checking out the stickies in the relationship forum,there's loads in there on dating.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2010, 10:54 AM

Maybe you were just expecting way too much from him. Stop and consider - you only had one drink with him... that doesn't make him your boyfriend or make him owe you anything.

Loosen up. You're going to have to meet many many frogs before you find a prince.

Sep 2, 2010, 11:56 AM

Haha! For sure, I agree with that. I wasn't going psycho or anything, just wanted to hear someone tell me if he may call or not. All my friends just tell me what I want to hear.

Not stressed... actually very content. I divorced my ex husband because he didn't treat me well and wasn't a good father. I left an unhealthy situation and am a better woman for it. I am also very strong and idependent.

I am ready to find someone again and am anxious to date, but fine if it doesn't happen. I will most surely wait for the right one!

His loss :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2010, 06:52 PM

If a guy is interested he will pursue, not ignore. He can also act interested to be polite, and engaging but fade away quickly.

That doesn't make him a bad guy, but it does say move on, and have no regrets.

Sep 4, 2010, 07:51 PM

It's funny you put it that way... for some reason, my past actions all go out the window when I'm dealing with someone I like :) I have, even recently, done that exact thing with men. It's hard to say no when you have an emotional connection with someone or just plain like them as a person. I do get it.

To throw yet another tiny curve ball, I saw that this guy viewed me on the dating website yet again last night. Strange... he knows I can see that. Guys just don't think about their actions like girls do! Def not looking into it at all. No biggie, just found it kind of funny. Thanks for all of your input... here's to moving on!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesn´t know anyone except me and my friends. Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in...

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

Where are they calling from? [ 1 Answers ]

If I have somebody phone my ouse and they always phone *67... so I won't know where they are phoning from. How can I find out where they are phoning from?

Ex keeps calling [ 30 Answers ]

My ex moved out a week ago and still calls every 3 days to get more stupid little things from the house. And if I've thrown them out or can't find them she gets nasty. If I had'nt paid for everything she wouldn't be able to get a that 5 dollar charger she's looking for. What is she doing. Haven't...

View more questions Search