Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bficklin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 11:10 PM
    Probation violation
    Hi, my name is Bryant Ficklin well I was put on probation for the first time in March for a mis for batter I was sent to 1 year in jail all susspend well in December I was pulled over and charged with a owi which is a Amis and a Cmis minor consumpution and another C Open container in the car well I sat in jail for a week then went to court and bonded out my cournt was sent to a date of Feb 13 and I have hardly no money so I got a public offender well I haven't been charged with a probation violation and don't know what's going to happen with that is there anyway I can get them all together I was told by a person that got violated for the same thing with a d felony onley got 30days what do you think they will do I am Informal probation but I'm also on Formal juvenil probation for minor consumption what do you think they will do and when will the violate me?? :confused:
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2006, 05:19 PM
    They really can't do anything until you have been found guilty of the new crime. After that has happened, I would say that you will be violated and made to do the suspended portions (or part of) of the original sentence and what ever comes with the new charge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Have you discussed this with your probation officer, talking, communication is a key factor on probation.

I am not sure where you are from, and while yes normally they will not violate your probation until you are actually found guilty of the new crimes, they can if there is sufficient proof. Remember that probatoin violation does not require the same level of proof. For example you could lets say bet a DUI if you proved the arrersting officer did not have cause to pull your car over, so in that case the DUI test results could be thrown out, but for a probation violation hearing, most likely if part of the terms of probation is not drinking, the fact you failed a DUI test could be used against you.

The biggest issue is that you need to stop drinking and doing things to get arrested,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

I got 18 monthes on probation in October 2005 in may of 2006 I got a owi I onley had eleven monthes of probation left. An I told my po in 48 houers an asked if there was any thing I can do to not be violated an she said she was going to talk to her boss an told me to call her back an I called her...

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I received a underage drinking ticket and am currently on probation for that. I received a violation of probation for missing one of my alcoholic classes, because I had class conflicts at my university. I am working two jobs and going to school. Does this Violation in Indiana require me to go to...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Dose any one know if a probation violation is filed when youer arrested for a new charge or after you plead quilty to the new charge ?

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation sense October 2005 in may 2005 I was arrested for owi I asked my po if there was any thing I could do to not be violated she said she was going to talk to her boss an to call her back she said I was not going to be violated as long as I went to drug an alcohole classes an I...

View more questions Search