Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sevonj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 10:56 AM
    Could taking medication while on merena could I be pregnant?
    Ok so I've been on the merena for about 1 1/2 years now. And awhile ago I broke my foot and the dr. put me on medication (vicodin) and I was wondering if that would mess up the merena, and if I could be pregnant. Lately my boobs have been killing me! More than ever before. And Im waking up in the middle of the night starving, and I've been so tired lately. Im taking a test tomorrow, but I'm going crazy not knowing. Thanks!
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 30, 2010, 11:21 AM
    You should check with you physician on this as some medications can interfere with birth control but your physician would be able to best tell you... and I f you think that you are then take an hpt..
    rachelholley05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 08:27 PM

No that will not mess with your IUD and no you won't get pregnant by taking it. Generally the only thing that messes with birth control is antibiotics and with an IUD it aggrivates you uterus so if you have an embro try and inplant in your uterine wall it will abort it before it can but there are new studies that 1 in 125 women do get pregnant with the merena

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why blood pressure will not go down after taking medication? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been taking for four days high blood pressure meds, first was clonidine, then lisinopril and my blood pressure stays the same.

Is my medication causing these dreams and should I keep taking it? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I had been taking an over the counter medication to help me sleep because my doctor refuses to give me something even when I don't sleep for days at a time because I cant. Well the kind I used to get I can't find anymore so I got a new kind and I hate taking them but they are the only ones I...

Taking medication on an empty stomach [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like to know how long before and after eating constitutes an "empty stomach."

Taking cold medication and maybe pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I have the flu and my head feels like it weighs alone 900lbs, I am almost 100% sure I am pregnant, but have not missed my period yet . My last period was on the 27 of August, and I have most of the symptoms. I can not see my doctor for another 3 days, so I am just wondering is there anything I...

View more questions Search