Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airwalk_man Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Dec 24, 2006, 10:31 PM
    Little too much, little too soon.
    Hey everyone,
    I just started dating a girl a week ago and its been great. We both feel comfortable with each other and we enjoy eachothers company. We were going our separate ways to see our family for xmas and I think it was unspoken that we wouldn't get each other an xmas present. Anyhow, I decided, because it's a seven hour drive back to her parents place, I would make her a "trip box". This box consisted of a few little figgerenes and some candy and a game to go along with the items in a box. I thought it was a lot better then a supid xmas card. It was creative and would me pass through her thougths during the season. She texted me today and told me that the box was a little "wierd" and I was rather surprised, but in some way not. As I thought about the situation, it does seem like a little too much too soon, and I totally regret doing this. Can anyone give me advice on how to make a smoother transition away from looking like a total wierdo now? Thanks for your time in reading this, and thanks for your replies.
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2006, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by airwalk_man
    Hey everyone,
    I just started dating a girl a week ago and its been great. We both feel comfortable with eachother and we enjoy eachothers company. We were going our seperate ways to see our family for xmas and i think it was unspoken that we wouldn't get eachother an xmas present. Anyhow, i decided, because it's a seven hour drive back to her parents place, I would make her a "trip box". This box consisted of a few little figgerenes and some candy and a game to go along with the items in a box. I thought it was a lot better then a supid xmas card. It was creative and would me pass through her thougths durring the season. She texted me today and told me that the box was a little "wierd" and i was rather surprised, but in some way not. As i thought about the situation, it does seem like a little too much too soon, and i totally regret doing this. Can anyone give me advice on how to make a smoother transition away from looking like a total wierdo now? Thanks for your time in reading this, and thanks for your replies.
    If someone has a hard time figuring something out because its new to the friendship and you have only been knowing each other a short period. Just explain it . She may or maynot relate to it in the same manner you do.
    moyra Posts: 39, Reputation: 8

Dec 24, 2006, 11:18 PM
    I thought that was a nice thoughtful gesture to make, I don't really see that as weird. I'm just wondering if she just sees you as a friend and maybe not boyfriend?

I think there might be a communication problem here as you said "it was unspoken that you wouldn't be getting each other a christmas present", so did you read each others mind, how did you know?

The key to a good relationship is good communication so like mjinms said just tell her how you felt and why you did it.

Good luck and merry xmas!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Very thoughtful. I would say it is more of a friendship here. Communication is key, and the only way to find out what she meant by weird is to actually ask her. Merry Christmas and always remember that no matter what may come out of this, it is better to experience somebody's company even once then never to experienced it at all.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search