Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2006, 02:34 PM
    How to get dark brown hair
    Hi all! I want to get a dark chocolate brown color on my hair and I know from experience that dying my hair with a dark brown color actually turns it black, so what color should I use?

I heard people say that I should use a medium brown and that gives it a dark brown color. What kind of medium brown? Neutral? Or ash? Or golden medium brown?

My ahir is reddish auburn color so I want to know if medium brown would work or would medium brown turn my ahir into black too?

I know I should get it down at the salon but I'm so broke right now!

THANKS! ;)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 24, 2006, 09:33 PM
    The medium brown may make your hair too dark. If your hair is a auburn color and you want to go brown, minus the red tones, you use a level 6 (light ash brown).
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Thanks for the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

Dark brown hair like lindsay lohan's! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know what color I should use if I want to dye my hair into a dark choclate brown color like lindsay lohan's or nicole richie's new brown color? My hair is brown/blackish on the top where my roots are and the rest of my hair and ends are like a light reddish auburn color. I would...

Brown hair dye turend dark red [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural blonde and last week I went to the hair dresser to get my hair dyed brown well the day after my hair was a dark green so I went back to get it fixed now my hair is a dark brown/red with a bit of orange:eek: what can I do to get the colors to fade quick? I want the red/orange gone...

I recently got my colored my hair to a dark brown [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but I had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my...

View more questions Search