Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandbar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Kenmore Heavy Duty washer woes
    I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty washer, model C110 4870880. It has started to leak what looks like oil from underneath. There are no corresponding sounds or smells, but for a little while now, the knob sticks at the second rinse point. If I move ithe knob slightly, the machine moves into that cycle, and sometimes (though I haven't noticed why) it doesn't stick.

Any and all help/siggestions GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

sandbar
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Dec 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
    Sounds like a transmission problem. One way to check for sure is to see if when the water starts to drain out, does is start to spin when there is still water inside? That is call no neutral drain. An indicator that the transmission needs to be replaced.

Dec 24, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Thanks candykitten...

But will running the washer with sooo much oil leaking out damage any othter part(s)?

sandbar

Dec 24, 2006, 10:58 PM
    Depending on how much oil you are seeing, but the transmission is the main part, so it is like running your car with an oil leak. Also the oil can mix with the water and stain your clothes

Dec 25, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Thanks again candy. There is a puddle of oil under the washer. (Luckily it hasn't gotten onto the clothes) But I'll definitely be calling someone in after the holidays. I'm in Toronto, do you know of any professional washing machine repairers in the area?

S

Dec 26, 2006, 07:47 AM
    I do believe Sears had repair technicians in Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer 80 series [ 4 Answers ]

Our dryer will not keep running. We have a Sears Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer - 80 series, electric. When you push the button for it to start tumbling, it will not go. It was running about a week ago, then while in the cycle it stopped. Every now and then the dryer will start when you push in the...

Kenmore Heavy Duty Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

The Heating Element is working, the belt is fine and there is power to my dryer but when you push the start button it does not start. Please help... Thanks.

Kenmore Heavy Duty washer water leakage? [ 2 Answers ]

It would be wonderful if anyone can help. I have and old Kenmore heavy duty Washer, Model#c1104430081 canadian model. Problem starts as washer becomes full of water, leakage seems to occur between washer basin(if that's The correct term?) and adjacent metal connector. Leakage increases on...

View more questions Search