Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Aug 19, 2010, 09:07 PM
    The truth is we weren't made to be self-sufficient.. We are not
    Adequate. We cannot handle things in life alone because God did not
    Equip us to handle life apart from Himself. Phil. 4:6 " Don't worry
    about anything, instead pray about everthing".

Love and Blessing, Maggie 3
    FoxCash Posts: 160, Reputation: 125

Aug 20, 2010, 07:40 AM

I really appreciate everyone's input on the matter. I feel a lot better knowing the majority of everyone sees nothing wrong with taking care of animals whether it be pets or not.

I have to say though that even if everyone had agreed with the other poster, I'd still do it. I just cannot feel right about myself or my walk as a Christian if I were to ignore something that is defenseless and lost.

I value everyone's opinions greatly, though.

I don't know how the kitten is doing. Still kind of wish I would have kept him. I did, however, discover where he came from. Last night near where he had been near some of us heard a cat meowing and not a friendly meow. Sounded more like someone was disturbing it or trying to fight it. My guess is that it was the Mom with the rest of the kittens (if there were more). I almost feel bad about removing a kitten from it's mom when she wasn't that far but at the same time I tried pointing him in the direction of the woods where she was at and he didn't want to go.

I don't know. I think he's going to be okay. For those that did pray for him, thank you. It really means a lot to me.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Aren't there churches (Catholic?) that have services that are the blessing of the animals and people bring their pets?....
    Yes. On St. Francis day, we bring our pets to church for a blessing.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 07:56 PM
    There are many ways through which one can show a reverence for life.

I look at it this way... I'm still tangled up in the mess of life. I'm working my way more and more in the right direction, I think. Listening and hearing and thinking and changing.

But I haven't exactly cast down my fishing nets and followed.

So... does the fact that owning a pet, caring for it, spending time with it, spending money on it, et cetera... does that make me less christian?

Oh... like I said... I still cling to things that feed selfish needs.

But... I know I'm a better father to my son because I spend some time away from him. With other people. Exercising. Time alone. etc. I am a better man because of this.

Likewise... Christ did two things repeatedly. He gathered his people. He sent them out.

We need to gather. We need community. We need a connection.

And, if that little kitten, as a part of creation, is a centering connection, so be it.

As long as you still "go out"... its all a part of the calling.
    Cindersarah Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2010, 05:59 PM
    My mouth literally dropped when I read your question. That's terrible! I mean, I know some countries eat dog, but a cat? In Egypt cats were extremely important in their beliefs...

Anyway, Originally we weren't supposed to even eat the animals, only use them as sacrificial offerings to God... Adam was put on earth after animals, as someone to take care of the animals.. . So yes, Good for you for not overlooking the poor kitten!. : shivers at thought of eating neighbour's cat:

But I do agree that Christians are probably the most argumentative people there... except depending on the tone of voice, I think it's more dicussion, trying to find what God truly means... except when I look at YouTube comments and the like, it seems more like a "I'm right and know more about God than you do : nose up in air : " sort of feel.. . My favourite thing to do is religious debate! (Mostly because I wish to learn more... but I must admit I'm also a : I'm right you're wrong sort of feel: but that's my competitive streak shining through... just enough that I add a "That's what I think anyway" To almost everything I say)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3yr dvorce process I gt kids&pets aftr/15yrs, X stll acuses me of stealng frm him [ 6 Answers ]

My X has accused me of all sorts of crimes over the past 3 yrs. He has stalked me, etc. threatened to and has show caused me for false things, threatened to report my 12 yrs. Dog to Animal Control because he didn't believe she was taken care of and had her rabies shot; accused me of stealing my...

Pets & animals > cats [ 3 Answers ]

I have a pregnant cat and she only had one kitten earlier this year and she is being very mean to her kitten, is this normal?

Pets & animals [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my is so much pain after being bred?

View more questions Search