Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amour_amour363 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Bad ingrown hairs
    I suffer from ingrown hairs. I exfoliate and moisturize everyday, but still the worst part is my legs. It is only in one section on both legs, the bottom front of my calves. Ive tried this "Ingrown Go" lotion stuff, but that didn't work

I used to wax/epilate and I got them, so I switched to shaving and I still get them. When I went to the doctor (for a different reason) I quickly asked him what I could do. He recommended shaving once a week, however I can't do this as my hairs are quite dark and thick in some areas and grow fast. I shave now every 3 days. Why do I get them and they are really bad and unattractive. Is there anything I can do or use to improve it?

I don't think it is practicle for me to laser my legs or any other permanent hair removal because my parents won't pay :o
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 21, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Fist before you shave, make sure you legs are wet for at least 5 minutes. This will help soften your hair. Then try shaving downwards, the way that the hair grows, instead of against the grain and shave that direction the same way every time. Use a thick shave cream or even try an electric razor. Also, try gently exfoliating your legs everyday in the shower with a loofah.
    IshanM Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 05:01 PM
    I always shave right after a hot shower. It prevents ingrown hairs since the skin is much softer.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Dec 24, 2006, 07:36 AM
    My sympathies with u
    txdiletente Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amour_amour363
    I suffer from ingrown hairs. I exfoliate and moisturize everyday, but still the worst part is my legs. It is only in one section on both legs, the bottom front of my calves. Ive tried this "Ingrown Go" lotion stuff, but that didnt work

I used to wax/epilate and i got them, so i switched to shaving and I still get them. When I went to the doctor (for a different reason) I quickly asked him what I could do. He recomended shaving once a week, however I can't do this as my hairs are quite dark and thick in some areas and grow fast. I shave now every 3 days. Why do i get them and they are really bad and unattractive. Is there anything I can do or use to improve it?

I dont think it is practicle for me to laser my legs or any other permanent hair removal because my parents wont pay :o
    I feel your pain and have tried everything... this stuff works. Its called TENDSKIN. Its available online and at Sally Beauty Supply for about $20. Well worth it. I was soooo happy that I finally found something that works. You'll see improvement in 1-2 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Ingrown hairs [ 2 Answers ]

I have developed a problem with in grown hairs after I started waxing my bikini line. I realised that I had to stop waxing but it is still a problem. Now I have several unsightly scars and I want to know if there is anyway of reducing the redness.

Ingrown hair and dark shade [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I shave the hair keep growing down to my neck and I really hate that I'm 23 looking like 28 this ingrown hair and that's when the dark shade comes I'm light brown and its very noticeable major help please thank you

More about shaving your pubic hairs... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey... I am just 15 and I shaved my dick and balls for the first time the other night. I didn't really know what I was getting into, but I just think I wan't to let it grow out and not shave. But I am really worried about if it will be a lot longer than before or really dark or more bushy than...

View more questions Search