Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goinginsane22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 12:17 AM
    Jock itch
    My problem has been driving me insane for a long time.
    I have had jock itch now for like 4 years.

I have been to 6 doctors and 2 dermatologists and can't afford to keep throwing money at this. I have pretty much given up.
    I am currently using Clobetasol ointment and sometimes halobetasol twice daily. This has been the only thing that somewhat suppresses my condition, but I have been using them a couple years and I know that is bad for my health.
    Problem is, if I don't use it for even 1 night, the condition severely worsens.

I have tried OTC lamasil, anti fungal cream, hydrocortazone, tiactin, lotramin, baby powder, and every kind of healing lotion I can find.
    Prescription Lamisil tablets and cream. Prescription hydrocortizone.
    Home remedies such as head and shoulders application, oats, fish oil, even trying to kill it with toothpaste.
    I wear boxers, wash towel EVERYDAY, put socks on first, and have even sat at home naked by a fan for a couple weeks straight.
    I bathe once or twice a day, am very gentle with the area, with soft soaps.

This has been 4 years now, so I've had a long time to try most things. I didn't do them all at once, nor do I still try them. Ive been on solely clobetasol for over a year now.
    At one point the dermatologist gave me a bunch of samples of Mimyx cream to help wean me off the clobetasol, but I still had to use the clobetasol every other day. Then the samples ran out.
    I have heard many times that I might just need to leave it alone for a while because I have irritated the area too much and have tried that. Went insane, and started putting cigarettes out on my skin to take my mind off the itch.

The doctor told me that the clobetasol for this long will give me cancer, but the insanity I go through without it is worse.

Please help me if you can.
    Thanks
    QAQAQA111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2010, 01:37 PM

Use Betadine Surgical Scrub ( a broad spectrum microbicide. Effective against most gram-positive and gram negative bacteria, including antibiotic-resistant strains, as well as viruses, fungi, yeasts, nycobacteria and protozoa. Kills most bacteria in 15-30 seconds, decreases risk of wound infection. Not for use on food-producing animals. Povidone-iodine 7.5% )

Apply betadine straight from the bottle directly on affected area(s) using a piece of cotton , reapply as needed & within a week you'll be free .
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 02:05 PM

Get checked for diabetes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should tattoos itch? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got a tattoo on my foot August 2007 and now everyonce in awhile it will itch like hell, is this normal or is something wrong?:confused:

I got this itch in my ear that I can't itch [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 15 year old that has had this unscratchable itch well I wouldn't call it unscratchable it happens all the time on my left side of my ear... but I look like a dork when I'm in the middle of church and this itch comes on and I'm trying to itch it with my tongue and its not helping and...

Itch in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppies have bumps and itch all the time they are 5wks old and were dumped, we also itch since we got them please help

Can Women Get Jock Itch? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has jock itch, and I've been itching down there pretty bad for the past few days, and was wondering if women can get it. I just put on antifungal cream and the itching has stopped.

View more questions Search