Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MistyGurl Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Dec 21, 2006, 11:45 AM
    I love to read...
    So I really love to read I read lots and lots and can read numerous books at once but I am at that point where I need suggestions on some books to read, can you let me know some good reading?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 21, 2006, 12:06 PM
    What do you like to read? What genre? What era?

Dec 21, 2006, 01:00 PM
    So to make it more specific I will pretty much read anything but... most non fiction.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 01:12 PM
    ".. most non fiction."

What category? You need to give us a clue. Lol

Dec 21, 2006, 03:46 PM
    Have you read Dan Brown? I personally liked all his works; not just the Divinci Code, but also Angels and Demons, Deception Point, and Digital Fortress. I have not read the books he co-wrote with his wife.

Stephen King? The Dark Tower series is especially good, and will make you want to read his other works, like 'Salems Lot to see how they tie in. I was not a big fan of Stephn King until I read these books.

Dec 21, 2006, 04:43 PM
    Ya I have a read a little stephen king not much thoug IT was good and SCARY! But you I will read anything Ijust need suggestions
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Thought you said 'non-fiction'?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Dec 21, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Try Anne of Green Gables and other oldies.
    Make your life and book search interesting. When your at the store or a mall walk up to a stranger and ask them what was the best book they read at your age.
    Vicky_27 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Dec 22, 2006, 11:33 AM
    I too love to read anything going. I agree that Stephen King's Dark Tower series is exceptionally good. I also recommend the Harry Potter books - not kids books at all - still very enjoyable. I love Thomas Harris' books - Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Black Sunday and his most recent - Hannibal Rising. I think the idea of browsing is a very good - keep an open mind, browse sections that you may think you wouldn't normally be interested in. Search out new books and genres - pick it up and give it a go!!

Dec 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    Thought you said 'non-fiction'?
    She said she would read anything but... most non fiction.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 22, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Some of my favorites are by V.C. Andrews. There are tons of them and they are usually in series about one girl and the strange situations she finds herself in. I also like the Giver series by Louis Lowry. They are kind of directed towards preteens, but you find a lot of metaphors of real life things throughout the books. That series includes The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger. My favorite book is Pilgrim by Timothy Findley. Its about a man who thinks he can never die and is taken to a psychiatric clinic. It is pretty long and has a lot of medical jargon and long introductions of characters, but you can skim over most of that and not miss anything important to the story.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2006, 12:54 PM
    "So to make it more specific I will pretty much read anything but... most non fiction."

Sorry. I misunderstood.

Dec 22, 2006, 04:10 PM
    I don't know maybe I would read some non fiction too I have just never really gone there maybe u could give me suggestions on non fiction then maybe so I will like it?.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2006, 12:03 AM
    Try this. It's free online to read. You might find it a bit hard going at first. It's a book in 24 sections - you are meant to work on one section a week.
    It is a wonderful book about the law of attraction - how to get what you want out of life. It's old but it works like magic if given the chance.

The Master Key System - Charles F. Haanel (1866-1949)

http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekTMKSContents.html

And check out these books by Richard Bach

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&se...%20Bach&page=1
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 1, 2007, 09:22 PM
    For suspense I read Michael Connelly, for comedy I read Janet Evanovich (One For The Money - start with this one, the first of an on-going series of twelve!) and for deep intellectual gothic reading I turn to Anne Rice. Alexandre Dumas is terrific as well ( The Three Musketeers)
    Shine Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Anything by phillipa gregory is good, so is the awakening by kate chopin, anything by edith wharton and ishmael by daniel quinn is good. Caryl phillips is a good author to, try "a distant shore"
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
    If you like crime / legal stuff John Grisham! I have loved every book except his non-fiction works.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Mar 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
    If you're looking for some heavier stuff, go back into the classic literature... I'm a huge fan of Henry Fielding (Tom Jones especially). Jane Austen is good as well. Milton is always intriguing.

Further back, look up Aphra Behn. She has some very interesting works from back around the birth of the novel.

Always worth reading back through Orwell every few years.

Anything by C.S. Lewis... the space trilogy is pretty heavy reading, so don't tackle it unprepared.

If you want to get really heavy, get your hands on Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's the great epic of China, and is exceptional.

Milan Kundera is an author I reread fairly regularly.

Faulkner, Hemingway, and the rest of the American Masters.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Mar 13, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyGurl
    so I really love to read I read lots and lots and can read numerous books at once but I am at that point where I need suggestions on some books to read, can you let me know some good reading?
    What genre are you into?
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Mar 13, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyGurl
    so I really love to read I read lots and lots and can read numerous books at once but I am at that point where I need suggestions on some books to read, can you let me know some good reading?
    If you are into gore horror, try:
    Battle Royale

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

~*please Read*~ [ 26 Answers ]

Hey you. I know that this is proably asked a lot and I know that you aren't doctors and can't for sure tell me.. but I'm only 17 and I'm scared. I've been having sex with my boyfriend and I was worried that I was pregnant from having some of the symptoms, o and I'm an idiot because we never use...

*** Please Read This Before Posting *** [ 0 Answers ]

We're glad you found us - and we're sure you'll find the members here quite informative. A couple important notes: 1. Read the Posting Rules. Disparaging comments to or about other members will not be tolerated. Use the Report Inappropriate Post feature (it appears with every post) to make...

View more questions Search