Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjpsych Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Executor
    I am from a family of five. My sister and one brother are co-executors. My parents of 83 years old have finally completed their will and trust. My other two brothers have recently persuaded my parents to take a loan on one of their rental properties (but it will be in my parents name only). At the time of their departure how can we proof this was a lona to my brothers?
    Thank you for any help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2010, 09:59 AM

Have the brothers sign a document attesting that this loan was for their use and any balance at the time of your parents death would be deducted from the brother's inheritance.
    cjpsych Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 10:45 AM
    No, of course they don't want to. But, my mother has a signed, notarized letter to the executor stating that the loan was for my brother's personal use- will that be good enough?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 10:50 AM

Who signed the notarized letter? Your mother? If so it's her word about what happened.

She needs a signed agreement with your brother, also notarized, to make this a debt payable to the Estate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What an executor can not do? [ 8 Answers ]

My mom just died less than 2 weeks ago, I am 1 of 5 kids. My brother and sister are both executors of her will(which I have not been allowed to see), anyway they are already negotiating between themselves who gets which of the 3 cars(1 of them doesn't run), there is 3 houses and a total of 50...

No accounting from executor [ 6 Answers ]

How do I compel an executor to provide an accounting of an estate he says is settled? I am a beneficiary along with 2 siblings, both of whom know the finances while I am not privy. One of the siblings is the executor.

Executor of a trust [ 3 Answers ]

If you are the executor of a trust that has property, rentals and a house, can you legally just move your family into the house? There are four of us in the trust, just what can a executor do and not do?

Executor when no will is left [ 1 Answers ]

I have just traced my father after 25 years. He lived with his new wife in Panama, South America. She is American (USA) and he is British. He brought her to UK in 2000, then they married in UK in 2002 then went firstly to America, then moved to Panama, South America, where he died 1 year ago ...

Need to know what an executor can or cannot do! [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! I am one of 4 beneficiaries (siblings) who inherited a house from my father. There was an appraisal done after his death to establish a cost basis for the home. Home has not been sold yet due to family who thought they wanted to buy it, then indecision of executor to sell with realtor or...

View more questions Search