Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deepdiver Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Hello. I am trouble shooting a Delta single handle shower problem. The shower is
    Hello. I am trouble shooting a Delta single handle shower problem. The shower has a diminished flow and over the past 6 months or so has become so hot that it appears that the cold water flow has been restricted or cut off. I think my solution is to replace the cartridge (I think Delta RP19805) assuming that it is stopped up with minerals or something. I have taken it out and replaced that springs and seals because it was also dripping, but the hot water (or lack of cold water) seems to have gotten worse. Any other ideas?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 02:56 PM

Delta faucets has life time warranty just call them at 800-345-3358 tell them that you have a leaking cartridge they will send you a new cartridge assembly P/N RP19804 free no charge to you, open the PDF file below for removal, instruction and adjusting the temperature. Good luck.

John
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Delta model 1300 & 1400 Tub and shower faucet.pdf (36.6 KB, 407 views)
    deepdiver Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2010, 05:19 PM

Afaroo, thanks for the info, I did not know that. I stopped by HD on the way home today and bought one. I have already installed it and it fixed the problem.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the update, you still can call Delta and they will send you one for free, you can return that one or the one installed back to HD you will save at least $50, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove single valve handle - Delta Shower [ 48 Answers ]

I've got the Seats & Springs to fix a leaky Delta Monitor 1400 Series faucet (and the water is turned off), and am stuck at the very beginning. The handle is a single lever, it appears that the Set Screw is missing. I've tried twisting the lever and pulling without success - not knowing which is...

I have a single handle Delta tub faucet w/o a shower. Diverter engaged.. Disengage? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single handle Delta tub faucet w/o a shower. The faucet diverter for the non-existent shower has become engaged, the ring at the spout exit. With the pressure diverted to the non-existent shower, how do I get the pressure back to the spout? I've tried messing with the ring but to no...

Delta 1400 Series Single handle shower [ 9 Answers ]

I recently replaced the cartridge on my Delta 1400 series monitor single-handle faucet, and everything seem to have gone in to place OK, I did have some trouble removing the handle and the clamp brass ring initially as it had not been moved since installation (2002), but now when I turn on the...

Delta single handle shower removal [ 2 Answers ]

I have to replace a cartridge in a delta single handle shower. It is a one piece lever. It has a set screw on the inside bend of the handle. I have removed the set screw and the hard water corrosion will not break allowing the handle to pull off. I have tried boiling hot vinegar, along with a...

Removing Delta bathtub/shower single handle faceplate [ 7 Answers ]

I am trouble-shooting a tub and shower that has gone to low flow, and I suspect I need to get at the mixer cartridge. I've got the faucet removed (white plastic pipe in pictures) and have gotten down to the faceplate, which is two pieces: the circular one in the center, and the larger...

View more questions Search