Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JetJock4425 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 08:08 PM
    harbor breeze ceiling fan remote control synchronize w/fan
    Harbor Breeze Fan & H. B. Remote bought @ same time in mid-2006. Is installed in room where fan and room get only occasional use. Battery changed at least each 6 months even if it is still working fine. Never had a leaky battery in remote. FAN ITSELF HAS NO PULL CHAINS. Remote has only two push-buttons directly below A 1&1/2" X 1" display screen. Display shows Black Light Bulb inside the left side of a small horizontal oblong box that is located on the top 1/3 of the display screen. To the right of he black bulb, in the box, the lamp brightness can be adjusted from 20% up to 100% of brightness with repetitive pushes of the top button. Although fan, nor the light works at all, the remote acts and shows the %'s of brightness as though all is well, but fan and bulb remain inoperative. The second button of the remote cycles the fan through "Off", "Low", "Med" and "High" with the speed choice presented on the screen in an Isosceles Triangle made up of "6"vertical Bars with shortest 2 bars = "Low" speed; mid-highest 2 vertical bars = "med" speed and highest 2 bars = "High" speed. The Bar Graphs "fill in" to show selected and operating speed of the fan. There is no reverse switch on the Remote. Remote uses a 9-Volt Battery, which I have changed out with 3 brand new batteries, trying to get fan to work. However, every battery I installed, operated the light and the fan function depictions perfectly normally in the "Screen" on the remote. The last significant fact that, I am sure, affects the operation of the remote and it is as follows: With the battery removed from the remote, there is visible, a row of four (4) very small white, 2 position switches arranged in a row and located on a bright red "switch plate." On the front of the red switch plate and directly underneath each switch, the switches are numbered in white, as: "1," "2," "3," "4" ; from left to right. Additionally, in white and centered directly above the "1"&"2" numbered white switches, appears the word "ON" and centered directly above the "3"&"4" numbered white switches, appears these three letters in caps: "DIP." I surmised that switches #1 & #2 were the "on" - "off" switches to turn the power off the remote. However, with switches #1 & #2 are both placed to "on" position, The display screen works just fine when both fan and light buttons are pushed as display screen displays changes as if everything normal. NOW, when I select the down positions on both switches #1 & #2 (which is the opposite position, or away from "ON" position), the remote works exactly the same as when switches are both in the "ON" position. Switches #3 & #4 don't have any apparent affect on the remote. Performing every switch activities and possibilities while in the room with the fan has zero affect on the fan. Two months ago fan and remote all worked perfectly, now nothing works except display screen on remote. Note this remote has no Red Light or "Beam" window anywhere on the remote. ON BACK OF REMOTE IS THE NUMBER: FCC ID. KUJCE9201.
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME GET MY FAN/LIGHT TO OPERATE BY THE REMOTE? Thanks, Jim Sanders, Scottsdale, AZ
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 12:26 PM

The dip switch settings on the remote must match the dip settings on the remote controller which is most likely at the ceiling level in the mounting plate. So, changing one affects the overall function and usually nothing works. Depending on the remote, some of them are very distance sensitive. If you can put the remote sensor antenna outside the covering it might work better. I installed a fan last week, hid the antenna and the remote would only work if we held it up closer to the fan. Customer didn't care and it looked better. PS, it was a HB fan .
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:09 PM

The dip switches in the remote need to match those on the fan receiver. If it still doesn't work, the receiver may be bad.

See:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan remote control issue [ 8 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay harbor breeze ceiling fan with remote control. The battery died on the remote. I replaced the battery but get no response from the ceiling fan from the remote. I can see the light on the remote go on when I depress a button on the remote. No change in lights or fan speed. I...

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote control operation [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 harbor breeze fans fans installed for upwards of 2 yrs. They have operated fine during this period. Now the remotes have stopped working and I do not know to bypass the remote. I have changed the batteries in both remotes without results. Can the remotes be "reset"? How is this done? ...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan remote light control issue [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with remote control dimmer for the light and 3-setting fan control. My halogen light burned out. When I replaced the bulb with the same specs, the dimming function on the remote control no longer worked (though the fan settings on the remote control still work...

Setting Remote Control for Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My son recently bought a home with identical Harbor Breeze ceiling fans in many rooms. Unfortunately, there were no instruction manuals included. He wants his wife to be able to enter the baby's room, flip the switch, and have only the light come on. The only room in the house in which they can't...

Setting Remote Control for Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 0 Answers ]

My son recently bought a home with identical Harbor Breeze ceiling fans in many rooms. Unfortunately, there were no instruction manuals included. He wants his wife to be able to enter the baby's room, flip the switch, and have only the light come on. The only room in the house in which they can't...

View more questions Search