Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LindaPradetto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Problems with toilet not flushing after installing Fluidmaster kit
    I just replaced the insides of a toilet with a fluidmaster 404 complete set and now it will not flush correctly. The flapper closes before the tank is half empty. I've double checked the instructions and have done everything listed. There is an adjustment on the flapper that controls the amount of water entering the bowl. I'm assuming that when it is set at maximum the flapper is supposed to stay open longer. If it does adjust the time the flapper is open it is very slight and I can't see any difference. Any ideas what I can do other than pulling this all out again? I've spent the whole afternoon messing with this and nothing works. And I'm really not looking foreword to pulling this apart again.
    Thanks for any help, Linda
    FMTech Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 12:41 PM
    The flapper has numbers that that indicate a longer or shorter flush. If you have a modern toilet try setting the flapper to number 4, for stronger flushing or an older toilet try a higher setting.
    For more information you can call Fluidmaster Tech Support at 800-631-2011 ask for Mike at ext. 2232

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water coming to toilet from wall. Fluidmaster okay. [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, irrigation repair man turned off water to home. Afterwards, upstairs toilet would not fill with water. Detached metal flex tube to tank and turned on water @the wall. Still, no water came out. Sinks and shower working fine in that bathroom.

Toilet Flushing Problems [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet will only completely empty every other flush. On one flush the water level comes in low and the low water level when flushed only fills the bowl but will not empty. The second flush completely empties but only fills low water level in the bowl. This requires that when the toilet is used...

Frequent problems with toilet flushing. BUBBLES TOO! [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a home and have noticed a problem with the one and only toilet in the home (single story, crawlspace foundation). The toilet tends to need help flushing. There are occasions where it works fine, but more often than not, the water (and the contents you just left in the bowl) just...

Still having problems with basement toilet flushing. [ 5 Answers ]

I wrote a couple of weeks ago concerned with how my lousy plumber was going to reinstall the piping from the ejector pump to sewage line. He originally did not follow manufacturer's install instructions that said check valve couldn't be in vertical position. Half the time the toilet will not flush....

Toilet Flushing Problems [ 3 Answers ]

We have two toilets back to back. One works without any difficulty. The other however has been giving us some problems for awhile. It will flush, but the water doesn't go down all the way sometimes. If you put more water in the seat while it is flushing it goes down every time. I cleaned the...

View more questions Search