Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Morton35 Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Dec 19, 2006, 08:32 AM
    Monitor No Signal
    I restarted my PC yesterday and when I brought it back up, my monitor wouldn't go on. After I turned the monitor on it just said "No Signal" :mad:

The PC does not beep at all when I turn it on.

I tested the video card and ram and it's not that. I checked the connection from video card to monitor and its fine. The monitor worked on another PC.

Since it does not beep when I turn it on, is it something wrong with the motherboard? I really hope its not the CPU.

If there is anymore info you need, let me know. Thanks!
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 19, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Bring it to a technician or try setting it up on another computer, if you have one.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 19, 2006, 09:36 AM
    You said you tested the video card, but you didn't say how. Did you put it in another PC?

It could be the motherboard, or it could also be the power supply. I've seen a number of power supplies that, rather than stop working all together, instead just stop producing enough power. Try disconnecting your hard drives, cd-roms, floppy, any USB devices, and any non-esential case fans and see if it will power up on a reduced load. Do NOT disconnect your CPU fan!

Dec 19, 2006, 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the response..

I took an older video card and put it in my PC and it did the same thing.

I'll have to try that when I get home. I didn't think of the power supply because everything powers on. Fans, lights, etc..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 19, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Does another monitor work. Is the video on board or a separate card?

Dec 20, 2006, 06:00 AM
    The video is a separate card, there is no on board video. I didn't try another monitor, but I tried my monitor on another computer and the monitor worked.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2006, 06:59 AM
    Ok so we know the monitor is working. The next step is seeing if it's the video. If you replace the video card, and you still get the no signal, its possible the slot has gone bad, so try putting the card or another card in a different slot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I wrong? [ 13 Answers ]

I had a little girl a couple of years ago with my ex-husband. I am now currently remarried and my husband has taken on a wonderful father role. My daughter’s biological father hasn’t been in the picture for over 3 years. He hasn’t had contact with us in over 2 years. I have not contacted his...

Where did I go wrong? [ 4 Answers ]

Can anybody please tell me what I need to do with my 11 yr old son... I am single mother of 3 kids ages 15 and 11 and 21 months old... My son is very defiant and aggressive and disrespectful.. He is ADHD and has been on Adderall XR since he was 4 yrs old... He has not had a father figure in his...

What went wrong? [ 14 Answers ]

Optatus, in his De Schismate Donatistarum (On the Donatist Schism) II, 13, in PL 11:966, states that "the true Church cannot be cruel," since "dum sanat, vulnerat" (it causes pain while healing), ibid. in PL (Patrologia Latinae) 11:1020. Those whom we kill are not martyrs, since only members of...

Wrong or Right? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a BAD day at work today. Maybe I'm too much of a sensitive person, but this morning, I had a co worker kind of go off on me in front of all the other ladies in our group. I am a very sweet person always, so I don't know why she did this but I am truly hurting by this. What I mean by...

Is it wrong [ 17 Answers ]

Is an-- sex wrong

View more questions Search