Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Jul 29, 2010, 03:02 AM
    Diaper rashes,, cold,, vomoting...
    Hi,
    I have a 7 months old baby girl. She has developed diaper rashes past 2 weeks. I donno what to do. The doc asked me to apply a cream (rashfree), but that isn't working. My parents ask not to put on diaper on her or any cloth. But the problem is that she has no proper time to pass motion (also number of times),, sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening or night. If I leave her open, without diaper or cloth, she messes up so well that I have to give her a bath after she passes motion.
    What can I do? Is there is home remedy for diaper rash? Any way I can avoid it?
    Please help...

OK, 2nd point,, she has cold. Nose block at night,, cough at night,, medicines isn't working. Have been to doctor 3 times already. HELP...

She also has been vomiting,, not every time but least once a day... what do I do.. I am very tensed,, she is my 2nd child,, lost the 1st one when she was 6 months old... she died after her lungs were blocked due to cold... m very scared...
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 29, 2010, 03:45 AM

There are several diaper rash creams on the market. I found Balmex to work best, for us.

Now, are your baby's bowel movements watery? And does she have a fever? If so, how high?

Vomiting and watery bowel movement could be an indication of an infection in the digestive system. A rash with fever accompanied with a runny nose and a dry cough could be an indication that your baby is developing a childhood disease, like measles. If either of these is the case, see your doctor. If this has been the situation, and you have already seen the same doctor three times, I recommend you get a second opinion from another doctor!

Let me know if this helped or you need more information.

Good luck and health to both of you.
    -

Aug 2, 2010, 02:49 AM

Hi Hexxie,, thanks,,
    Well, she has no fever and the vomiting has stopped,, cold has reduced a lot,, thank god,, as for the rashes, its still there,, I was wondering whether there is any home remedy,,

Or any way I can avoid it in future...
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Aug 2, 2010, 09:38 AM

Just change her often and soak her in a warm bath with oatmeal. It will pull the redness out and sooth the skin. You can do this daily.
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshodges View Post
    Just change her often and soak her in a warm bath with oatmeal. It will pull the redness out and sooth the skin. You can do this daily.
    Yes, this is a good one. Use a blender or food processor to blend or process the oats into a fine power. Stir into water and soak. Be careful, the oatmeal will make the tub slipperier than normal.

Glad to hear your baby is doing better. :)
    -

Aug 3, 2010, 11:52 PM

Thank you hexxie n mrshodges

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Discharge in my baby's diaper [ 4 Answers ]

My baby is 6 days old and I noticed 2 days ago that SHE has a red discharge in her diaper when she pees, which kind of looks like blood. I called my pediatrition to ask him about this and he said sometimes this happens but if she continued or had a fever to take her to urgent care. I am a little...

Diaper Cake - DIY? [ 3 Answers ]

I am hosting a baby shower for a dear friend in two weeks, and am interested in making my own diaper cake. I will use this cake as my centerpiece as well as the focus of our memory game. Does anyone out there know how to create the diaper ckae that has the diapers overlapping each other in a wave...

Sewing a Diaper Bag [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in sewing a diaper bag for my sister. She is having her first baby and I want to do something special. I've looked around for some free patterns but haven't come across anything. Does anyone have any patterns they have used before, or know of any good locations to get free...

Handmade diaper bag [ 1 Answers ]

So I am pregnant and have been put on bed rest for the next few weeks. So technically I am trying to keep myself from going crazy. A friend of mine has a diaper bag that her sister made her and I would like to make my own. I have yet to find a pattern on line. So if anyone has a pattern they...

View more questions Search