Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyjoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 01:38 PM
    My dog is having convultions.. almost like he is gasping for air.Can anyone help me?
    My dog is a peek-a-poo.. about 3 years old. He has recently started to have what seems like convultions.. its almost like he is gasping for are or like something is stuck in his throat.. but it has been getting worse and I'm very nervous for him.. I don't really have the money to take him to the vet right now.. can anyone tell me what is wrong with him amd what can I do to help stop the problem?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 02:23 PM

He could be having convulsions due to health problems, could be having difficulty breathing due to something lodged in his throat. It could be anything.

I'm going to be harsh - you need to take him to a Vet before he dies before your eyes. If you were choking and gasping for air and had something stuck in your throat, would you go to the Doctor?

When you find out what the problem is, give him to a home that can afford to care for him properly.

Sorry to be harsh - but your dog is suffering and possibly dying.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 02:24 PM

You are crazy if you think that we will tell you what is wrong. How could you sit there, look at your dog having convulsions, sit at the computer and ask us what is wrong.

If this the case, then you have to TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY.

Is that the answer you want ? You silly person.

If you are fooling around with this site, there is never ever a way you will get on here again to ask a legitimate question. So get your story right, your attitude right and post something that is worthwhile and DONT FOOL AROUND WITH HOW WE FEEL ABOUT ANIMALS.

Ms tickle
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    you are crazy if you think that we will tell you what is wrong. How could you sit there, look at your dog having convulsions, sit at the computer and ask us what is wrong.

If this the case, then you have to TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY.

Is that the answer you want ? You silly person.

ms tickle

Change "silly" to "foolish and irresponsible" and I'm with you.

How sad - and sickening.

Bracing for the hate mail but that's how I see it. If you cannot afford a pet, don't have one - I know it's painful but I see money here for a computer and on line access and no money for Vet bills.
    Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Change "silly" to "foolish and irresponsible" and I'm with you.

How sad - and sickening.

Bracing for the hate mail but that's how I see it. If you cannot afford a pet, don't have one - I know it's painful but I see money here for a computer and on line access and no money for Vet bills.
    YES, gotcha... dont care about the hate mail.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 02:36 PM

Yes there's someone that can help. A vet!

Sorry, but no one can diagnose your dog over the internet. Not even a vet can diagnose over the internet.

I know money is tight for many people, but yet here you are, on the internet. You can obviously afford a computer, internet access, so sell the computer, cut of the internet, and use the money to get your dog to a vet.

This is a living breathing being, he deserves the proper treatment. We can't offer that. No one on the internet can, and anyone that claims to know exactly what's going on, without seeing your dog, examining him, is lying.

Get of the computer and find a way to get your dog to the vet.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 01:18 AM

Convulsions and gagging?

Geez.. I think its time to dip into the credit card fund.

This animals is obviously suffering. That is not normal.

You need to talk to your vet. Sometimes, vet offices will have things set up for people who are needing an emergency piggy bank.

Doing nothing is far worse then trying everything and exhausting every resource available.
    akrpuppydog Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Nov 9, 2010, 03:39 AM
    Hey Guys, how about giving this person and animal some constructive advice that works! It sounds to me like you have become a part of the problem. When someone "without the money", take them seriously and stop griping, Help them stupid. Help them with what you know, if you know anything.
    We too have the same problem. Barnie my best buddy in life, all of 14.5 lbs of fine pal bud' miniature poodle. What a guy and has the same issues with coughing and choking at times when his hair grows like crazy , like now with winter coming. His hair is so very smart, in summer grows short, in fall gets him ready for winter. It is all automatic with a warranty from God. God has also made him and others like him for us who have some brains and logic to figure out and help them. Barnie is sometimes, make that most times, smarter than you. So then, when in this season especially , he begins to cough, I don't think it needs another human, vet or not, what He Needs is a HAIRCUT! Think about it! If you did not ever cut your hair, would you cough? answer is "all the time" because you would collect trash and garbage all day every day and you even bathe daily?maybe. Forget expensive hair cut kit, use Scissors from Lowe's at $3.00 a gift for you dog from China, affordable and sharp as a razor. Take your time, clip, here, snip there, careful, snip and save the groomer bill, money you don't have, nor do I, as a home builder successful for 38 years, rich then, now poor, I have the same problem. God is with us. Ask him and forget the stupid critical folks who don't sound well meaning here on this board. Amen Bro" Have fun grooming your dog, first time, take time, few mintues here, have a peanut butter sandwich, clip a little more, give him a little bite, clip, clip, in half hour stand back look at your work, see his smile, tell him to shake, he will, clip little more, finish it tomorrow, sooner the better. Follow up with a bath or just a wet towel and dry towel. Bet the coughing goes away right after the bath. Sincerely , Allan and Barnie, best of buds
    Expert

Nov 9, 2010, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by akrpuppydog View Post
    Hey Guys, how about giving this person and animal some constructive advice that works!! It sounds to me like you have become a part of the problem. When someone "without the money", take them seriously and stop griping, Help them stupid. Help them with what you know, if you know anything.
    You silly, silly person. What has convulsions and gagging got to do with a haircut! Think about it. We can't give advice when we hear that a dog is going through this, and think about this again, a dog is having convulsions and the dog's owner is sitting on the computer asking someone what to do, and the best thing we can say is get your dog to the vet immediately. What should we have said, give l/2 an aspirin, wrap in blankets and let us know in the morning.

Common sense would also tell you my friend, that this thread is a little old and the poor pet is probably gone by now or fixed. Being broke has never, ever stopped me from getting immediate medical help for my pet.

I see you are still here, good.

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2010, 04:35 AM

Wow...
    Grooming has absolutely nothing to do with a dog having convulsions!

If I never cut my hair would I cough?
    No, probably not, my hair doesn't grow down my throat. :confused:

I think Barnie has allergies, not grooming issues, please take him to a vet to help ease his discomfort.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2010, 08:42 AM

The intelligence is strong with this one..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 9, 2010, 01:03 PM

Wow a haircut fixes convulsions and coughing, but we're the stupid ones? LMAO! That's priceless.

Thanks for the laugh. It just goes to show that you should always consult a professional when it comes to the health of your animals and you yourself. Simply priceless. :p
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 9, 2010, 07:59 PM

I don't even know where to start with this...

A haircut saving a dog from convulsions? Wow. I think it's really special that your dogs body automatically knows when to grow thicker and thinner hair... kind of like most dogs do when they shed their summer and winter coats?

So next time I start coughing and gagging, I shouldn't rush to the doctor, I should find the next 24 hour hair salon and get a trim?

Sounds like a bored school child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me, my kitten drank too quickly last night and now she's gasping for air. [ 8 Answers ]

Please help my kitten she's having trouble breathing.

Dryer not heating completely but sounds like it's gasping for air [ 0 Answers ]

Whirlpool dryer no drying completely during cycle and sounds like it's gasping for air

Duckling Gasping [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have just recently had 2 duckling, being raised by chickens, but one of them, who is 4 days old now.. has suddenly started gasping.. he won't eat, can bearly drink.. he is looking weak now and he has no balance and falls on his back all the time. Yesterday when I tried looking in his...

Dying Kitten Gasping for Air [ 5 Answers ]

I have a kitten in the back yard who is gasping for air as we speak I tried giving it water and cat milk but I do not know if it is swallowing it?? I moved it so that it wouldn't die of heat stroke but will still stay warm though it doesn't seem to be helping. Poor kitten is very small it poop...

Gasping for air [ 3 Answers ]

I'm concerned my 2 year old was fine all day today a happy baby... he just woke up gasping for air and hoarse what does that mean... he's sleeping again but I'm concerned

View more questions Search