Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reweb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 06:22 PM
    Question for Tom...
    Hi Tom,

I asked the question below a while ago. I am going to start the project soon and want to ask a follow up question. I need to clarify that the sewage ejector will be pumping up hill gradually for about 75 feet. A gentle slope with a total rise of about 4 foot. Not pumping up four feet and then going to the 1/4 a foot thing... not possible with my lot slope and building etc. It will pump uphill 75 foot to the main sewer line that has the correct fall...

Do you still think the Little Giant Package will work? I am ready to buy it so I wanted to double check with you.

Thanks a bunch!

-------------------------------------------

I have a workshop located behind my home. The shop is currently using a very old and failing septic system. I would like to use a sewage ejector to pump the total from a toilet, sink and shower (minimal use) in the shop up to the city sewer line that the home is attached to. The shop bathroom is about 65 feet away from the home and about three or four feet lower than where I am able to tie in to the sewer pipes under the home. Basically it is a gently sloping city lot.

The bathroom is on an exterior wall so I would like to dig and bury the sewage ejector basin just outside of the exterior wall. That way I could avoid cutting into the concrete floor.

I am considering using the Little Giant package here:

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/sewage.html

Do you think that would work? I don’t want rainwater to enter the system. Is this the correct type of basin and pump to use for this exterior application? Do you recommend another type of system?

I do not plan on having a building inspection. Thanks for any help!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This would work. You will have to run a vent outside for the pit but the pump will handle a 4 feet lift with ease. You may have to use a transit to run to the sewer connection. For a 65 foot run you will have to have 16 1/4",( 1/4" inch to the foot) of slope so you will have to add that to your starting elevation.
    I would contact the company before purchasing this unit and ask about a outside installation. Good luck, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2006, 08:49 PM
    This pump should be more then enough to handle your needs. It will pump 4800 Gallons Per Hours against a 5 foot head. It maxes out at a 18foot head so you have power to spare. Since the pit is sealed and designed to operate under ground I can see no problem in locating it outside with the possible exception of freezing up if you're in a northern climate and the pit is above the frost line.
    reweb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 10:44 AM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tom, Tom, Tom, Are You Out There? [ 2 Answers ]

I have ready many of your answer to problems with washers and drains. First I want to ask if it is unreasonable to have a washer push water to about 2 feet above the top of the washer, about 60 inches from the ground?? Second reading your answers I'm know I should use a check valve as close to...

Speedball1 (Tom) [ 9 Answers ]

FYI: Tom's been off since a minor surgery on Monday. He thanks those of you who have asked about him and those who have helped on the Plumbing board in his absence. Going into it, he had expected to be back possibly by today but says the painkillers have got him just too loopy to be online. ...

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Tom? [ 1 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=12897 Maybe you need to check this too, http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/uclickcomics/cx_tmsho_uc/latest

Paging Speedball (Tom)... Help will really tall shower drain... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Tom, I have a question for you, we are building a shower stall and using the drain and vent from a sink we removed. {Note the bathroom is gutted and the floors are currently bare} The question is this, currently the drain pipe (PVC) to the new shower drain location is about 2 1/2 to 3...

View more questions Search