Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SammieSunshine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 11:30 AM
    VERY Confused in Love with EX..
    Last Summer there was an incident that made me doubt the love of my life. For most of our relationship we lived on opposite coasts, but we always were together. This summer he has come back after I broke up with him, and he's completely changed. More mature and everything. He proposed to me and We still love each other MADLY!! He wants to take things slow which I agree, but I just doubt myself, and I am scared and confused. Any Advice?
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 14, 2010, 11:50 AM

First of all have you dealt with and fixed whatever it was that caused you and the b/f to break up to begin with.

Meaning have you talked about it agreed to change it and then made those changes, meaning you've fixed the original damage?

If you haven't then forget it, whatever went wrong then will go wrong again.

You can break up and get back for the rest of your lives but if you haven't fixed the original problem together and faced it dealt with it, and learned from it, then expect to break up again, within weeks months at most, and you'll keep doing the same unless you fix what went wrong.

Its up to you both...
    veganAction Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jul 14, 2010, 11:58 AM
    If this is a long distance relationship, I suggest that you take time to understand yourself before leaping in. It's easy to idealize someone when they live across the country, however it's more important to know who you are first if you have doubts in the relationship. Ask yourself, what are you scared of? What do you have doubts of? Are these problems and obstacles something you can work on alone or together?
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jul 14, 2010, 02:22 PM

You have doubts, so take it slow. Long distance relationships can work, but it takes a lot on both parts to give. Are you scared for some reason you think he would cheat or something, being so far away? If you able to see each other frequently than it could work. You need to open the communications lines, and take it from there.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:02 AM

Taking things slowly to get reacquainted is a great idea. Then you can see if you can get comfortable again before you make any big decisions regarding the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused with love [ 2 Answers ]

Well there's this guy whom I'd dated for over a year. We where on and off because of silly things. It was always me the one that would break up with him. But then this last time, he broke up with me. This is how it went. He had been acting weird for the past week, so I asked him if he wanted to...

In love but confused. [ 9 Answers ]

I met this awesome man and fell in love with him. He has told me from the beginning he needs either A) an open relationship or B) threesomes/foursomes because he knows that after a while he gets a wandering eye and wants to have sex with another woman. He says that he loves me and wants to build...

Confused love [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 3 years moved out of our home together because of things that I have done. She said that she will be back she just wants to get herself together but every time the subject comes up she doesn't want to come back and when I ask her to see me she says no. She left half of her stuff...

Very confused about an ex I still love [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a serious relationship and I think that I'm still in love with an Ex. I just want an opinion of whether she is interested in me still. I broke up with this girl maybe 8 years ago and then she went away travelling. We didn't break up on the best of terms and that was probably my fault. ...

Confused Love [ 27 Answers ]

Entire story merged Hi, my question starts with a story. Me and this guy have been hanging out a lot. We talk on the phone every night and we hang out and do stuff together, but just as friends. He has a girlfriend, but he never talks about her. One night we went out and just hung out as...

View more questions Search