Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catherine1988 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Is there a homemade balm that makes lipstick or lip gloss stay like the maybelline
    Gemey Super Stay does? So that way I can use it with any lipstick
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 08:32 AM

I'm not sure about a homemade balm,but vaseline with some lipstick mixed in gives great results.

Also,use a dry toothbrush across your lips before applying the vaseline/lipstick,makes them nice and soft.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Jul 15, 2010, 02:30 PM

Gently rubbing a washclothe or toothbrush acts as an exfoliator, and it's important to exfoliate lips because they are skin. You could also buy an exfolitor. Or make one yourself buy mixing a little bit of sugar, and honey and scrubbing it onto your lips, then rinsing it off after about 10-15 minutes with warm water. You could take a chunk of lipstick, and add honey, and a little water to create a color that will stay on, then top it off with a clear gloss, or a little lipstick over it to add to the color already on it if you want. Some foods even stain the lips, so you add food dye, but I would not recommend this because it wouldn't be healthy, like honey is and isn't used often like lipstick is. Good luck! You could also try crushing up a piece of Burt's bees, with honey, with lipstick, and a little water.
    catherine1988 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    im not sure about a homemade balm,but vaseline with some lipstick mixed in gives great results.

also,use a dry toothbrush across your lips before applying the vaseline/lipstick,makes them nice and soft.

Yes I know about how to exfoliate the lips but I wanted to know if and how to make a homemade balm to apply on my lipstick to make it stay all day long through eating food and kissing. You know like the maybelline lipstick does. Just wanted to know if that was possible to make it in my own kitchen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is lip smackers lip gloss OK to wear for middle school [ 4 Answers ]

OK so right now I'm in fifth grade and is it OK to wear lip smackers in middle school?

What is a good hypothesis for "which lip gloss is healthier homemade,or store bought" [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a project in science and I need a hypothesis for " which lip gloss is healthier homemade, or store bought brands?" It needs to be able to be tested

My daughter's lip gloss? [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 year old has a bad case of the "chapped lips". So, I've tried to get her to apply vaseline, capstick, bag balm... she's complaining that it burns. Later she came to me with a handfull of all her lip glosses, then asking if they work like chapstick. I was completely stupmed! SOOO... does...

View more questions Search