Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k.sephton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Relationships
    Me and my girlfriend have been together for 2 years, we have been split up 4 about 2months now and we are still keeping in touch , I would like to get back with her and I no she still has feelings for me but she is scared of giving it another go at the relationship because we use to bicker over stupid stuff and she felt like I never gave her enough attention, but I do want to show her that attention because she is worth it, but I just hate the way she speaks to me sometimes, and it just makes me angry and makes not want to do nice things for her because I feel like she doesn't appriciate it. I love her so much and I do want to be with her, but I have got my faults aswel, because I got into a rut and never felt like going out and having a laugh together and enjoying ourselves, but I no what I've done wrong and I'm am willing to work and change the way I've been because I don't want to be like that! What's the best thing I can do to try and get back with her? Should I try and take her out just as friends and c how things went between us? I no she still loves me and I think if I'm willing to change don't u think that she should give me a chance?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 12:06 PM

I think what you do is work on the problems you had which caused the break before you think about getting back together.
    If it does not bother you both to talk or go out occasionally, leave it at that. Maybe you two can get along fine on a friendship level. But don't do it with the expectation of getting back together. It may not happen.
    It sounds to me like you two don't make it s a couple.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 12:13 PM

If your so willing to change, ask her is she willing to change a few things too?

If not, what's the point? If your still talking after 4 months, and haven't made any progress to getting back together, then what's the point??

Try a different approach, leave her alone, and do other things with your time, so you can heal, and gain a better perspective on what's really going on with YOU, because four months is a long time to be in limbo waiting for her to take you back. You sound too available to her, and why should she take you back, when she has you where she wants you, and her other options too.
    Ther4peuticH3at Posts: 116, Reputation: 38

Jul 12, 2010, 01:29 PM

Be very careful here. There's a reason things didn't quite work out in the past. Unless that reason's been resolved, you're headed for more misery.

And you should know, you can't do all the heavy lifting by yourself. Don't go into the situation thinking you can fix EVERYTHING and make up for all the times you let her down before. Because even if you could, that wouldn't make the relationship a proper one.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 12, 2010, 03:09 PM

Unless you deal with and fix what went wrong the first time, then you don't have a dogs chance in hell of making anything other than a disaster of the relationship, so it would just be wasting both yours and the girls time even thinking about it

Relationships need to be fully fixed, and all changes agreed to made and implicated by both of you for at least a month before you can even dream of re-starting a relationship.

You say she makes you not want to be nice to her, and treats you mean, so if you get together again what's going to be different, she's still going to treat you mean you are still not going to want to be nice to her, how's that going to make your relationship with her work.

Fix your issues and yourselves first then talk it over with her. Or just get ready for more arguments and heartaches.

If you don't it'll be a case of Same Sh*t Different Day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't had sex with my girlfriend for 4 months been together for over 3 years, she goes out during the week with work mates well at least I think that's what she's doing but she doesn't have anough time to be cheating on me! And lately she doesn't like me touching her and if I ask her about it...

Relationships [ 24 Answers ]

Eight year relationship is dying, I don't want it to!

Relationships... [ 5 Answers ]

Relationships... ... work better when we are willing to work at them. ... work better when we don't play with each others feeling. ... work better when we stop worrying about being single or not. ... work better when they are based on living, loving and sharing.

Relationships [ 4 Answers ]

Can't seem to keep a man. No problem getting them--just keeping them. They generally fly off after 4-6 months

View more questions Search